SAU Community

Dash Lighting

jaymanR33

Hey guys I have an R33 S1 GTST, My dash back light has just stopped working. Before it happened, if I turned my head lights on my stereo and climate control panel would dim. Now that my dash lights are not working the stereo and climate control don't dim any more.

Does anyone have an idea of whether there is a relay that switches these functions when you turn on head lights or is it just likely to be the dash bulb?

Also does anyone have the full wiring diagram for all of the car not just the motor and ECU.

Thanks

does your car have a dimmer switch ?

if so, get behind it and check teh wiring, if it looks intact try to bypass the dimmer, or check for power on each side of it.

havent found any body wiring diagrams for 33's yet

have you checked the fuse?

• 3 years later...

I had this problem after installing a new head unit. Turned out the earth on the standard looms doesn't earth. You haven't added anything to car recently?

I had this problem after installing a new head unit. Turned out the earth on the standard looms doesn't earth. You haven't added anything to car recently?

What you prob had happen is that there appears to be 2 earth wires but 1 is actually for an illumination signal to dim the head unit. Soon as lights are turned on it pops the fuse.

What you prob had happen is that there appears to be 2 earth wires but 1 is actually for an illumination signal to dim the head unit. Soon as lights are turned on it pops the fuse.

I ended up earthing to somewhere else instead. But yes as soon as I turned the lights on it popped the fuse.