SAU Community

Csa Hillclimb - Haunted Hills Gippsland

CsaEvents

I had a great day although rain for the first time I have driven a car in 7 months was a kick in the face!

Had traction issues all day (excuses) so I ran gate pressure all day and was a fairy with the throttle (You think a Trust setup sounds good, it was nothing compared to when they are on full song!) as there was no point trying to put down all of my power.

I will be back for a dry run and try to take off at least 10 seconds.

Once again awesome day, and the photo's from you guys show just how awful the conditions were.

Forgot to say big thanks to Copnis for his help on the start grid, you were out there in the rain for ages, doing a great job. Thanks heaps.

Official results are below, and even though Brent is the Motorsport secretary for CSA, we are not going to let him race any more, in the true Australian motor sport tradition, we are banning him. Anyone who is fearless enough to go out in that weather in a Fiesta XR4 and win is a nutcase hehe.

Well done everyone, only a couple of harmless spins and no bent cars in what was very slippery conditions.

Anyway Official results below as promised.

Track: Wet

Fastest Time of the day P.Milvain Skyline R31 66.71

Class A Standard NA

1st B.Edwards Ford Fiesta XR4 70.29

2nd C.Starr BMW M3 71.98

3rd M.Zanini Skyline Fire Engine 75.33 (74.12 in Caz' GTS2)

4th A.Deangelis GTS Shilloette 78.99

5th A.Bilston Holden VK Commodore 80.38

6th K.Kruger Skyline GTS2 90.24

7th R.Grist Nissan Bluebird 92.35

Class B Standard Turbo

1st P.Gleason 180SX 73.14

2nd J.Richardson Skyline GTSt 74.90

3rd G.Bishop Stagea 75.36

4th T.Barber Skyline 77.92

5th P.Rowlston Datsun Bluebird 80.13

Class C Modified

1st D.Zalstien 73.14

2nd J.Smith 74.70

3rd M.Demsey 76.07

Class D Race/Super Modified

1st P.Milvain 66.71 (TFD)

2nd G.Cook 67.44

3rd S.Coulson 75.40

4th K.Coulson 81.19

This was a well run and well organised event, and big thanks to Gippsland Car Club, who have once again, invited us back.

Winton in September looks like I am out there again. Check the CSA Website for Pricing for WInton which is now out.

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5256.jpg

IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

just a few teasers. will loac them as soon as i get time. not alot of good pics but just to show some others what it was like.

HauntedHills29.jpg

HauntedHills16.jpg

HauntedHills32.jpg

HauntedHills33.jpg

HauntedHills45.jpg

Stupid car didn't want to play ball this week, so I bravely spent the day looking like a Traffic Cone with my Dayglow Orange Jacket on :slap:

Here's some of the pics I took, I haven't edited any of them, so sorry if your wanting corrected colour and stuff, I didn't spend the time checking everything before snapping the pics ::(

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5124.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg

IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5116.jpg

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5234.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5169.jpg

IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5208.jpg

Have to tape glass headlights, so that if they break, the glass doesn't fall out onto the track. Just a precaution.

We all got heaps of runs TETS, was fantastic.

We are hoping for another one very early next year, so stay tuned.

Looks like a fun day in the wet.

I was there on the sunday and it had dryed up by then.

Anyone have more details about that R31 GTSR? is it genuine? There are a few things on it that make me think it used to be my old car.

Also which car is Paul Milvains? I work for the same company but haven't heard much about his 31.

Also I laughed when I saw the camry badge on the Chaser haha.

You will find that the bright yellow Coupe is Paul's 31, and that ain't no GTS-R, tis Wheezy ex black on Gay coupe :D

Sweet.

Well I think that may be my old car. How long has he had it for?