SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

welcome ant

i'll be hoping for some pics of your beast.

we had shit about s13 coilovers fittin onto r30 but it got lost dang....

get this i went into the nissan dealer lookin for some belts for the rb20 (fan, PS, AC) and got told i need VIN numbers and wot not from an r32

whats up with that...i only have the motor frig.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stu- thats crap, have you been to supa cheap, autobarn and those kinds of places as they dont mind selling ya things, i'll be removing the a/c and p/s from the rb20det, well the a/c anyway i'm not shaw if the r30 p/s system will work with the r32 pump plus its on the other side of the engine bay so tricky plumbing. so is the engine in or you getting the other stuff first?

mines iron mask front, no less ;D

ive got a few pics but theyre from a phone camera so qquality is low, doesnt do my polishing shine efforts justice :) haha but ill attach anyway for now!

i rang around about suspension today, all i can get hold of around here for my car is standard type KYB shock absorbers. does anyone have these? i dont know if they are going to be hard enough for me. atm it has KYB Super Special externally adjustable rear ones but theyre buggered and soft so i want new ones. i rang the suspension places and ended up getting 4 different opinions on how hard the regular KYB are! i got told 'not hard, not soft, but supple'; 'not hard, not soft, but firm'; then one guy said his supplier tells him 'they arent hard' but 'in his experience they are firm and thats why they dont tend to sell that many'. :P so im not sure really. problem is to get them i need to get them ordered in, so i cant really push em up and down and see if i like how hard they are, coz once they're ordered for me i sorta have to buy them!

;) decisions decisions haha

[ant]- sweet ride, what struts are at the front as it seems to sit high or is that due to the front lip making it lower? i'm running konis adj front and rear they are made for the model but depending on the place you order them from they may take a while to get them! the front cost $750 installed don't know the rear as they were in the car when i bought it, don't know if you can see very well from the little pic i have there but i can still lower the front about 10mms' and the rear are at the lowest point they can go, thats with the lowered kings'.

not in yet need some more parts

will most prolly get a vin from a r32 at a dealer hehe and use those numbers...

as for ps dunno how i will do it, prolly run some plumbing across the bay for the pump??

any tips hints as to removal/install...?

hey guys... any of u know where i can get a radiator and drivers-side rear handbrake cable for a decent price in newcastle? what price should i be looking at?

also i am in need of the triangular peices for both side-view mirrors... any body got some spares? btw i dont have powered mirrors so i need the ones with the hole in the middle... thanx guys

ARRGHHHHH WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THOSE DR'S!!!  They are fugly!!!  How could they do that to a perfectly good car!!!

TJ i am Dattoboy in IRC bro :) :)  My mate is starting his as well in the next couple of weeks let ya know how he's going with it....

Awesome stuff im chat to you soon on mirc - If you cant find me on performanceforums try #antilag im on most nights :D

well, after ringing about every reputable suspension joint in perth the only options that i constantly got referred to were, regular KYB, regular Monroe, or Koni Yellows (internally adj).

so i ordered the yellows, get em mid/late this week. so il get them and firm them up straight out of the box and hope theyre nice n stuff. should be beter than my worn out old ones in atm anyway :D

got a Bosch 450hp fuel pump going in Wed aswell. so the ball has started rolling on the mods! next i need to get all the window seals etc fixed up tho :D

[ant]- i've got the orange external height adj konis very firm, there are also the red external height and firmness ones very $$ also none in the country for the r30 when i looked, what did the suspension place tell you about the yellow ones? also i hope you dont have to replace the seals between the front and rear windows as they are a bitch to find and come with the rear 1/4 window as you carnt seperate the seal from the glass unless your very carefull also $$.

hey guys... any of u know where i can get a radiator and drivers-side rear handbrake cable for a decent price in newcastle? what price should i be looking at?

also i am in need of the triangular peices for both side-view mirrors... any body got some spares? btw i dont have powered mirrors so i need the ones with the hole in the middle... thanx guys

try the NSW forum for places as most people here seem to be from SA i'm in QLD hopfully the place you get the brake cable you can get the side mirror parts to, those are the bits inside the car right?

rsx - the suspension place told me nothing about the koni's watsoever. lol. i had the option of 2 shitty soft shockies, and some Koni's, which i know are inherently more sport orientated and would be firmer, specialy if i just twist em to firmest setting straight out of the box pretty much. so thats what im going to do. he didnt say anything about external adjustment of height or damper, so the only other Koni shock left in the range that is sport is the Yellow ones.! i read some reviews etc of them and theyre sposed to be quite good, and firm on the hardest setting, so ill just see how they go i guess. theyre my only option anyway atm :D

my cars already slammed in the arse end anyway and i like it that way so im not too fussed about height adjustment for the rear. wouldnt mind it for the front, but yeh the lip would scrape, and the front shock/spring combo is pretty good and firm so il keep it. i adjusted the fronts from setting 3 to setting 4 today, feels much better, sharper turn-in. might go crazy and set it to the max, 5, and see how they are, once i get my new firmer Koni rears :) its always okay to have real hard front and slightly softer rears anyway, just means if the arse steps out u can bring it back without the front going soggy and throwing you at the kerb wen it comes back :P haha

nah the seals i need doing are the ones around the rear 1/4 window on the outside, both sides, and around the front and rear windscreens. possibley even the door ones just to freshen them, but they seem to seal ok still. theres minor rust on the edge of the back windscreen and 1/4 window on the drivers side, so il get those replaced and rust fixed in a couple months before winter. also rust in the boot near hinges :P so mite need a boot seal also.

damn 20 yr old car. but i still love it ;D had my last car the S13 for a 18mths and spent 7k on it, and i enjoy driving this way more straight away, even with its rough idle, rattley alternator, shagged shockies, and non-FM tape deck! haha

fella's, i wrote a couple of months ago about an rb25de into an r30, well its in. almost. Had to use the mounts off an r31, not to be confused with the mounts off a VL (same engine different mounts). The engine fits nice. but the gearbox sits a little far back might have to cut the hole a little bigger and move the handbrake back about 3". Still have to have power steering pipes made up. Other than that things are looking pretty good.

forgot to say the only stumbling block was that the sump doesn't quite fit. turns out i have to cut the bowl and move it 2.5" forward (damn engine xmbr). which means i have to extend the oil pickup a little but its not a big problem.