SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

MR & DR front callipers are NOT interchangeable, they are different mount centres and the DR calliper is bigger and has to go around a disc rotor over 20 mm larger in dia. and 4 mm thicker

ah yeh, i was thinkin HR30, i had to interchange calipers from MR30 to HR30 and they work fine, so no mounting differences there :thumbsup:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how convenient, im looking for one at the moment. hows the condition on that  

sucker? and what you askin?

crimmo: try InjectMaz for wiring. i know he's done a 30 to rb20 before and he can often beat or match prices but the best thing, he can come to you if you ask nice. pretty cheap for cash too...

also, im still in the dark with these calipers... should i get em and try, i mean if they dont fit, they can be made to fit without too much hassle, so it wont be a total waste? oh yeah, crimmo, what discs you using at the back?

anyone know the size of dr30 rear discs, the DBA thing lists something like 258 but apparaently thats wrong...

I got marky mark from exhaust technology to make me up a bend off the front housing of the turbo for a carton.

With my wiring ive booked the car into fours'n'more to be wired up in a week or 2, for about $500, could injectMaz do a better price/job?

I pm'd about the brakes :thumbsup:

Typical. I search for R30 information everywhere on the net for a year, nothing....

Get rid of my car finaly and what happens? One of the biggest threads on this site dedicated to R30 Skylines...

Bah....

would anyone have a spare HR / DR steering wheel?  

mines rogered

Any stocl R30 steering wheel is the same, with the exception of the horn button pad. The DR/HR has a bigger thicker pad.

I have the thicker pad, as you would as well and might know where there is a good wheel, will get back to you if I locate one.

The N12 Pulsar EXA Turbo Wheels is also the same, just have to change the hubs.

Hey i just bought some tail lights from RSX 84 and when i got them (like he said) they have some rust crudd in the indicators and reverse lights. I tried to pull them apart and pretty much got every screw and nut off but i couldn't get the perspex and plastic to separate, i didn't want to use force in fear of breaking them so i ended up cleaning them from the back of the globe. i spent half a day cleaning the bastards with all different things (even my dremel with a flexable joint and soft brush on the end) but nothing can get right up in the corners!

Is there a special little trick or some hidden clip that i need to take off to get them apart?

exhaust question..???

im getting a new exhaust for my r30 but want to know what size u guys have and if theres a size too loud or bogan on these cars..

my mates rex has a 3.1/4 inch and it sounds good but i think that would sound different(too loud) on a 6cyl??? im thinking of going for something closer to 2and 3/4inch

also extractors... are they worth the extra $$for the economy and power..

PHat MR30,

The rear tail lights are glued together, the clear over cover is glued to the base etc. As far as I am aware, they don't come apart, or at least aren't designed to. Maybe if you try breaking the bond around the sides you might get to the lenses, but would have to be careful not to break them, but then you need to be able to reseal them again.

nicko,

Is your R30 stock or a hottie?

If stock L24E, extractors and about 2.5 system should be cool, 2.75 if using normal bending processes, if mandrel, 2.5 is plenty.

Be advised though, either wrap the extracters or get them coated before installation, because heat in the engine bay is a recipe for disaster when chasing any power increase.

My HR30 will have 300/400 HP at the wheels and my system is 3 inch from the cat to 1st muffler, then 3.5 back to a twin 3 inch outlet, 3.5 inch inlet muffler.

Reason: As the exhaust gases cool, they expand, so the system has to increase diameter as it gets closer to the rear, to ensure the same flow rate as it leaves the engine pipes.

Also, to big! will take power away.

nicko, besides mine i know of 2 others with zorst round town, i bought 1 with a side pipe exiting just behind the front wheel, sounds like a top fuel drag car, doesn't go like one. i only bought that one for parts though, engine will go. and a good mate (who introduced me to R30's) went to carline in margaret st launceston and had a 2 1/2" press bend, with a resonator, and muffler at rear with a 3 1/2" tip on the LEFT hand side of car (cut the outlet out). This sounds absolutly sweet and pops flames.

Or go mine 2 1/2" mandrel bent, but chopped the manifold and joined 2 1/2" onto that, then resonator, and muffler at rear 4" droopy tip. doesn't sound quite as sweet but sounds like it has more HP, could just be cos of increased capacity.

yeh i tried breaking the seal but no go, too close to cracking the plastic. will just keep at them are getting better the more i do.

as for ebay i could never find any thing dr30 related on there so i haven't really looked lately, much else?

oh and ghost rider have you been getting my emails?

yeh i tried breaking the seal but no go, too close to cracking the plastic. will just keep at them are getting better the more i do.

as for ebay i could never find any thing dr30 related on there so i haven't really looked lately, much else?

oh and ghost rider have you been getting my emails?

phat i was going to try exit mold, let it sit in there for a few hours them drain it and a wipe down but never got around to it! also i just look at the ebay konis 3days to go and i found them by just doing a skyline search second or thrid page? $142.50 is the current bid.there are also a set of the same taillights as the ones i sold you for $30 (they have a large crack/hole in them)