SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

ADJUSTABLE REAR SUSPENSION

Baz from DatSport in Adelaide will modify or make up the jig to make the R30 Suspension FULLY ADJUSTABLE, if we can get 8 people willing to get the job done.

DO WE HAVE EIGHT (8) on this forum that want's the job done????????

whats the $$ involved, i spent over a $1000 on my suspension before this thread was started, i just look back and laugh now, haha haha crap....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put me down as a definite

as for the spool centre, im in for that too. just make sure u get strong as f*ck half shafts.

possibly a good relationship with your local tyre dude aswell hehe

Can we have it shipped/trucked up here?  And any idea how much that would cost?  

3:00am Ghostrider do you sleep? lol

1. You would have to get your cross member and rear trailing arms to SA.

2. After modification they would then be reshipped to QLD.

3. 0300, I am a security consultant and work a lot of nights.

4. American Beer? get a few GMD's into you, a six pack goes down like water, but it kicks like a mule.

R30 POLO SHIRTS

How many members of this forum, ACTIVE on this thread would be interested in our own R30/SAU POLO SHIRT, if we had one made up.

you know i'm in for one...when would you need an answer on the adj rear end?

Can anyone recommend a good Aussie intercooler?? I've priced up DNA + Hybrid + GCG and they are all roughly the same price. Im hoping to fit a GTR size behind my standard front bar (600x300x76 core size).

All the places I have contacted have not been able to give me an exact pressure drop

(I figure it will be about 2psi) or tell me if they have been bench tested. I think DNA will be my final choice, as I have heard good things about them.

I have thought about using a standard R32 GTR intercooler as many people recommend them, but want the w**k factor of a nice new, clean and shiny intercooler behind my front bar. I've been told that R32 GTR coolers only have 0.5 pressure drop across the cooler and that if they were S**t, they wouldnt use them on a GTR, but I'm not convinced.

Re the Shirts - I'd be keen for one - what colour and design????

Can anyone recommend a good Aussie intercooler??  I've priced up DNA + Hybrid + GCG and they are all roughly the same price.  Im hoping to fit a GTR size behind my standard front bar (600x300x76 core size).  

All the places I have contacted have not been able to give me an exact pressure drop  

(I figure it will be about 2psi) or tell me if they have been bench tested.  I think DNA will be my final choice, as I have heard good things about them.  

I have thought about using a standard R32 GTR intercooler as many people recommend them, but want the w**k factor of a nice new, clean and shiny intercooler behind my front bar.  I've been told that R32 GTR coolers only have 0.5 pressure drop across the cooler and that if they were S**t, they wouldnt use them on a GTR, but I'm not convinced.    

Re the Shirts - I'd be keen for one - what colour and design????

i went with the hybrid as i got it for $600+postage brand new, i read on the powerdigger site that the hybrid 600x300x75 intercooler had "0.5psi loss at up to 40psi" and can cool around 500hps' worth of air flow. hope that helps!! had the piping made from 2 1/2" press bend mild steel for $450 installed, all up about $1100 fitted..

I would be keen for a shirt.

As for the adjustable rear, I am very interested, just can't be sure of it at the moment, getting a bit of work done to my car at the moment and a bit low on funds so it would be good to know how far away this would be happening.

Alright looking to put coil overs in my car. I see the easiest option to be an s13 setup, changing to a macpherson strut setup in the front using s13 hubs and so on and going to R32 style brakes at the same time. Anything wrong with my thinking here?

Also for the rear I remember reading someone has put s13 rear coil overs in a R30, I just can't seem to find the post, I was just wondering if they bolt straight in or is some type of modification needed?

I have only really had a quick look at a silvia suspension setup so I'm no expert.

Also interested in the replacing of the boots as mine seem to have dissapeared over time, but for a DR30

Cheers for any help

the S13 rear coilovers fit up all good except they are either 2 hole at the top at the back, whereas DR30 are 3. basically u have to drill an extra hole to line up the S13 coilovers at the top. pretty simple job though. just stick one thread in an existing hole, then drill a one that matches up on the other side. i havent done this to my car but todd with DR30 on these forums has, im sure he will pipe up soon to confirm what i just said :rant:

i mite be interested in a shirt depending on it's design and price i guess.