SAU Community

Stolen Car

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah no worries man :)

Im thinking i might get a gps thingy, seems to be a few 'lines targeted lately.

i think its bout 4 or 5 by my count which is crazy! id be afraid to park mine anywhere but a garage!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys that is my old car ( i sold it to matt like 3 weeks ago) ill keep an eye out and the rego is YGE-34T, shouldnt be hard to find. im so sorry to hear man, i also forgot i still have that stuff i need to give to you. give me a call whenever and ill come drop it around, keep me posted on if you get it back champ.

There are a few of us who are already using the GPS stuff and IMHO the more of these cesspit dwellers that realise that ACT SAUers are using them, the less likely they are to target us.

There are a few different types available, some use a service to track and others can be as simple as a pre-paid sim card for approx $20 per year (not including device) - Not bad insurance is it?

You need to do your own research because I don't want to give away too much about the devices or services I am subscribing to... but there is something out there for every budget.

For starters, although closed now due to the fact that SAU admins didn't like the no close date, it did offer an affordable solution to everyone http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Re....html&st=80 and my opinion is that instead of closing it, they should have made it a sticky to raise awareness of what is out there.

Hey Michele, who sells/services the gps tracking units? My WRX has one from the previous owner and it's probably well worth getting it activated.

Elite Car Sound or whatever their name is, who are in belconnen mentioned they were going to offer a similar system that uses a SIM card rather then a subscription. But being this market, will probably cost in excess of $400, compared to that system that guy on SAU was offering. I was going to get it but water pump & timing belt & coilpacks and...you know how GTRs are ><\

But I agree, that guy should be allowed to list on business forum rather then group buys.

Edited by Helious

• 3 weeks later...

15032009342800x600shkl.jpg

15032009328800x600shkl.jpg

15032009340800x600shkl.jpg

15032009329800x600shkl.jpg

be weary of:

greddy front mount intercooler

5zigen turboback exhaust system

starcorp 18" spoked wheels, brand new federal 595 tyres

gts-t 5 speed manual gearbox

gts25t turbo

clarion/addzest minidisk headunit

autometer pro-comp oil pressure/water temp/boost guages

maroon bonnet/doors/guards/rear pods/headlights/seats

jaycar response 2x150 amp

japcar response 6.5" splits

old federal highway

there was a snatch strap around the tree and the tow hook, so they've stripped it somewhere else and then used the tree to pull it off the trailer to dump it

pay out is authorised but it's not much.

Seeing that shit makes me almost happy the f**kers that took mine crashed it not far away.

At first I was sad seeing those pics, then when I saw the clutch plate sitting where a passenger seat should be, I felt sick.

Paris - Do you have scavenging rights to the car or do you have to turn it over to your insurance company?

The reason I ask is cos you might be able to make a few thousand stripping and selling the rest of the parts (engine, suspension, brakes etc.).

P.S. I hope that the f__kers who did this get whats coming to them :banana: