SAU Community

R34 GTST vs XR6T

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The BA I Falcon XR6T weighs 1700kg. It makes same rear-wheel kW as 260kW XR8. I know cause i was there when it happened on a true-reading dyno.

XR6T is a beaut family car but if you're gunna compare cars, make it a Skyline GT Passage (or equivalent 4 door Skyline). Remember, the Aussie cars are Grand Tourers (that's what GT stands for, y'see?) not sports coupes, sports cars or supercars.

If you insist on this pretty useless debate, remember the Ford has a new car warranty, insurability, dealer servicing and parts, and the most important thing: new car smell. LOL

I had a drag with one on the weekend, i have two other witnesses who were in my car so no bs here.... the guy had two passengers in his aswell, and from 60 to about 180km/hr there was no difference between the ol' HR31 and the XR6T... before that drag i would have actually voted for the FORD over an r33 maybe but definetly not an r34. So if your talkin standard then go the R34 for sure.... doesnt the dude that owns turbo tune have like 310rwkw tho?

Originally posted by Sonic

The BA I Falcon XR6T weighs 1700kg. It makes same rear-wheel kW as 260kW XR8. I know cause i was there when it happened on a true-reading dyno.

XR6T is a beaut family car but if you're gunna compare cars, make it a Skyline GT Passage (or equivalent 4 door Skyline). Remember, the Aussie cars are Grand Tourers (that's what GT stands for, y'see?) not sports coupes, sports cars or supercars.

If you insist on this pretty useless debate, remember the Ford has a new car warranty, insurability, dealer servicing and parts, and the most important thing: new car smell. LOL

Now see, if the Falcon weighed 1550-1600kgs, it`d be time to go for a test drive I think...

The BA II will be about that, maybe less as there's a host of "weight loss" going on at ford, but their aim is to "Shed weight, but not lose any phatness" that was a quote from Geoff Polites that a colleague heard...

They're using:

Aluminium suspension components

Aluminium panels (guards/bonnet/boot) on heavier models (XRs, Fairmonts)

Lighter, forged wheels as an option

sorry people but the xr6 turbo is definatly the better car...

It may not have the look or style or the R34, but it makes up for it in the fact that they handle extreemly well (you'd never guess that they weigh so much), they are very quick (one magazine recorded 0-100 in 5.9 and 0-400 in 13.8), they have plenty of room, therefore a more practical car, and would be far more comfortable than a skyline on a long trip.

I own an R33 and i get to drive XR6Ts alot, so i know.

Everyone should stop being so biased, open your mind

Originally posted by sumfatchin

sorry people but the xr6 turbo is definatly the better car...

"Thats just like...

you know...

...your opinion man."

(The Dude, The Big Lebowski - 1997):rofl:

hear hear!

A Nissan owner (like myself) with the BALLS to admit an inferior brand of car actually beats a certain model. :rofl:

And YES the skylines look better.. they are even a more classy car.. and when it comes to the crunch I don't think I could ever drive a Ford, for image reasons.. but I have respect for something like the XR6T.

Originally posted by pentae

2fardown: What does your old man think of your car in comparison?

He is actually looking at buying a 180sx or R33 as a weekender......So you could say he likes both a lot.....Mid life crisis I'm thinking.

As soon as it hits 3,000kms (apparent run in time for them) up goes the boost.