SAU Community

New Intake On The V35

v35 paul - did you do an ECU reset when you installed it? maybe hence why the stock one is trying to "learn"

and on another note-----

is there any difference between the CF Z-Tube and the stock Z tube item? (besides looks of course) im mainly talking about quality etc. is the CF real carbon fibre or just an overlay... etc.

-mark

Edited by BLISTC

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

v35 paul - did you do an ECU reset when you installed it? maybe hence why the stock one is trying to "learn"

and on another note-----

is there any difference between the CF Z-Tube and the stock Z tube item? (besides looks of course) im mainly talking about quality etc. is the CF real carbon fibre or just an overlay... etc.

-mark

Don't know how to reset the ECU.

The CF Z-Tube would have less heat soak then the stock Z tube and and any metal tube would have the more heat soak over time.

disconnect the negative terminal and start pumping the brake pedal, should drain the remaining power and therefor reset the ECU, worked for me anyway :P

• 3 weeks later...

So this morning i woke up and UPS man was at the door with a parcel.

Finally the Carbon Fiber Z Tube i had ordered 1 1/2 weeks ago had arrived. I ended up ordering it from www.thezstore.com and it was $195 AUD delivered at the time the exchange rate was around 75c

The Z Store's tube is actually sourced from www.evo-r.net but they are cheaper. Evo-R.net are the manufacturers of this Z Tube. It is made from real CF and it is really well made as well. I peeled off the EVO-R sticker which came off pretty easy and left no residue. I like it to look clean, and with under bonnet temps this sticker will just fall off over time anyway.......

3566383545_fb4ef53dd5.jpg

I went to work and got home around 11pm. I couldnt wait and seeing how easy the DIY was i decided to attempt this install.

It was a fairly simple and straight forward install. 15min later and i was done!

Finished the installation...... dammit i need to clean my engine bay!

3566383661_6c358c54f1.jpg

and here is the picture of the part it replaces.......

3566383809_08df4d7696.jpg

see it is just not all for looks, these things actually increase the air flow, due to the stock part having so many resonators for noise etc. and hence provide a very minimal increase in power (and they make lots of induction noise now too WOO!)

I really like doing DIY...... it feels very rewarding once the job is done (especially for a n00b like me) :)

-mark

Edited by BLISTC

Finally the Carbon Fiber Z Tube i had ordered 1 1/2 weeks ago had arrived. I ended up ordering it from www.thezstore.com and it was $195 AUD delivered at the time the exchange rate was around 75c

The Z Store's tube is actually sourced from www.evo-r.net but they are cheaper. Evo-R.net are the manufacturers of this Z Tube. It is made from real CF and it is really well made as well. I peeled off the EVO-R sticker which came off pretty easy and left no residue. I like it to look clean, and with under bonnet temps this sticker will just fall off over time anyway.......

I went to work and got home around 11pm. I couldnt wait and seeing how easy the DIY was i decided to attempt this install.

It was a fairly simple and straight forward install. 15min later and i was done!

see it is just not all for looks, these things actually increase the air flow, due to the stock part having so many resonators for noise etc. and hence provide a very minimal increase in power (and they make lots of induction noise now too WOO!)

I really like doing DIY...... it feels very rewarding once the job is done (especially for a n00b like me) :)

-mark

EXCELLENT write up i needed this information. How does it sound. Are you going to get the rest of the intake , i.e. spacer and filter?

How is the quality are you happy with it ?

I really like doing DIY...... it feels very rewarding once the job is done (especially for a n00b like me) :laugh:

-mark

VERY NICE~~~

let's make a GROUP BUY!!! who's interested?! :banana:

EXCELLENT write up i needed this information. How does it sound. Are you going to get the rest of the intake , i.e. spacer and filter?

How is the quality are you happy with it ?

the induction note is definitely louder as all the restrictive parts have been removed. you really only hear it in the upper rev ranges when you give it a bootfull....

as far as power goes, i really dont know cant tell. i already have a K&N Drop In Filter, i dont think i will spend the money on the popcharger etc. as when i get the supercharger it is pointless anyway

as far as quality goes, its pretty damn clean and nice. very well made.

the only gripe i have, is that the emissions tube is a bit further down and you have to like stretch the tube a bit further down, than where the stock item is placed. also you really need to stretch the accordian rubber parts in order to get a good fit, as IMO it doesn't line up as good as say the factory z tube.

-mark

Edited by BLISTC

Looks like you took out the resonator. Underneath the airbox correct ? Doesn't do too much, just quietens things down in terms of induction/engine noise.

I had mine blocked off but thought it hampered response, so unblocked it. I have no idea why, but maybe because the factory airbox design/flow relies on having the resonator there *shrugs*.