SAU Community

Going To Do A Oil Change On Tuesday

The Z445 is made by Ryco. IMO if you want a good filter, buy the Nissan OEM. With regards to engine oil, it's all debateable which is best, but as long as you change it often you should be fine...and it's probably not good to be constantly switching between synthetic and mineral, but changing over from one to the other a few times in the car's lifetime shouldn't make any discernable difference.

"Sludging" occurs when engine oil breaks down, usually because it's been left in the engine for too long, it's not really a chemical reaction that occurs when you mix oil types or viscoscities, though mixing oil is never the best idea. I think the factory specification for the VQ is somewhere along the lines of 5w30, which is quite thin. Most people with opt for a 5w40 or a 10w40 and go for a full synthetic.

Thanks alot it's appreciated,

Cheers Richard

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think every 10,000km if you are using Fully syn oil,Like Mobil 1, Royal purple, Motul or even Amsoil.

6000km for a Semi syn or Mineral oil. I think Nissan use Mineral oil on our cars.

There's a sticker on my bonnet that was translated from Jap says change oil and oil filter every 12,000km. I always been using only fully Syn Oil. And the old oil still looked good after 12,000km. I don't drive hard much and usually travel 80kmh or more.

i think every 10,000km if you are using Fully syn oil,Like Mobil 1, Royal purple, Motul or even Amsoil.

6000km for a Semi syn or Mineral oil. I think Nissan use Mineral oil on our cars.

There's a sticker on my bonnet that was translated from Jap says change oil and oil filter every 12,000km. I always been using only fully Syn Oil. And the old oil still looked good after 12,000km. I don't drive hard much and usually travel 80kmh or more.

GAH! I had a ryco filter on my old S14 that leaked last year!

I ended up just tightening it until it stopped - coulda got $100 :domokun:

LOL!!! They did make me send them the filter so that they could check it was the filter. Hahahah! Good one.

• 2 years later...

bit of a thread dig here, but I searched ebay for the K&N filter, part number HP-1008 - and the few results that turned up wanted like $60!!! I think these filters fit R35 GT-R's so they're asking GT-R prices.

FYI - I went on amazon.com and got the HP-1008 for $10. Ordered 3 of them, incl postage from the US for $44.

performancelub.com has them oretty cheap. Harold is around the corner from you as well.

Lots of it. Excellent prices as well. just jump on the website.

+1 Harold of PerformanceLub.com, great prices and selection of oils too! Got AMSoil 10w40 off him and I like it, will be trying German Castrol in the future as well. I'm curious about experiences with Martini Racing, Liquid-Moly and Elf oils, if anyone has used them before.

Edited by 81gSKy

• 1 month later...

correct me if im wrong but you should be using a different filter as yours is a 250gt?

250GT uses Z547.

Its about 1/3 bigger than Z445, not sure if they are interchangeable?

250GT uses Z547.

Its about 1/3 bigger than Z445, not sure if they are interchangeable?

They are. My 350gt had one of these on it when I bought it. Same thread, same diameter, about 20mm longer.