SAU Community

Decided To Go Big Hp

passin ewe

I've decide to go big HP, so out with the current and in with the new. I'm putting a RB 25det into my C210 coupe, so now I'm selling my L28. This was a crate motor from Nismo about 10 years ago. It was freshened about 20,000 ks ago and I have paper work .

From Nismo it came with:

The motor is N42 on N42

Bored to 3.0L

East bear triple weber inlet manifold ( japanese)

East bear tuned length extractors " " "

Triple 45 webers made in Italy ( matching set DCOE)

Motor is in great condition and has good performance.

If need be I can put you in touch with the original owner /importer.

It's a shame most of you on this site are out of W.A but anyone local and interested is welcome to test at your convenience. Looking for about $3200 post-44326-1237038807_thumb.jpgpost-44326-1237038761_thumb.jpg

you sure you want to go to a rb25???????

you can still get truckloads of power from a L28, seriously how much power are you after, and will you be able to use it too!

the L series is plenty capable of putting out 300rwkw and torque to match, plus its kinda retro and cool, as hardly anyone in oz does it!

but one factor does come into it, cost.

it is far cheaper to get the power etc out of a RB than an L series... i could get a 200kw 20det package for under 2 grand installed... but im not gunna as then there will be engineering bulshaet to sort out as im moving state like every few years

good luck with selling up, i know it would be sweet addition to anyones vehicle... maybe sign up to viczcar as they do a fair bit of stuff like that

Mag86 I hear what your saying , but to get 300rwkw you'd be talking 3.1 stroker using the LD28 crank probably and they alone are fairly big bucks along with all the other performance parts for L series.I should have got in at the right time and bought up big from the states..I've thought about turbo L28 but again lots of changes to my motor ie: lowering compression, maybe change heads. I've seen some get up and go ones on YOU TUBE. What i do like about the RB 25 changeover is the power and driveability. I could drive this to work on a daily basis, meaning one less car to pay out for yearly. Bottom line is if I don't get an offer of at least $3000 I won't sell it. Instead I'll spend money and get the much needed LSD. I forgot to mention the motor will come with 2 x5 speed boxes. The one in the car and a spare.

Mag86 I hear what your saying , but to get 300rwkw you'd be talking 3.1 stroker using the LD28 crank probably and they alone are fairly big bucks along with all the other performance parts for L series.I should have got in at the right time and bought up big from the states..I've thought about turbo L28 but again lots of changes to my motor ie: lowering compression, maybe change heads. I've seen some get up and go ones on YOU TUBE. What i do like about the RB 25 changeover is the power and driveability. I could drive this to work on a daily basis, meaning one less car to pay out for yearly. Bottom line is if I don't get an offer of at least $3000 I won't sell it. Instead I'll spend money and get the much needed LSD. I forgot to mention the motor will come with 2 x5 speed boxes. The one in the car and a spare.

Why are you guys all DREAMING?????

HP isn't the answer totally on it's own you know.

How would you like 380ft/lb of torque @ 4500 on less than 8.5psi of boost?????????

Cheers, D

How would you like 380ft/lb of torque @ 4500 on less than 8.5psi of boost?????????

Cheers, D

I must say, turboing my N/A L24 has made a huge difference, it has a lot more torque, (above 1800 RPM)

it throws you back into the seats when you stick it into it,

the only down side is that, I need to be so much more careful in the wet, I can easily break tracking in 3rd, and that's a bit scary when you not expecting it (at 110Kmh)

Nigel

Edited by noddle

sounds like fun!

I Had my son in with me, we were still tuning Megasquirt when this happened the first time, it gave me a big scare, I don't think my son was very impressed..

but I must say, I love the power now, comparing the power from the FI and turbo to my other 240K, it's a huge difference.

I now need to pull my finger out and build my L28 I have waiting.

Nigel

It's a N/A L28, but when I do it, It will be fitted with a turbo. I need to look into getting dished pistons for it

Nigel

Why do you want to dished pistons?. Flattops Have a better flame front.. Higher compression isnt a problem. Its all the the tune..

Btw, you dont need a 3.1L to make 300rwkw.. You can do 300rwkw on a Stock n42/n42 combo l28... You dont need the cubes for the power in the L Serries..

Why do you want to dished pistons?. Flattops Have a better flame front.. Higher compression isnt a problem. Its all the the tune..

Btw, you dont need a 3.1L to make 300rwkw.. You can do 300rwkw on a Stock n42/n42 combo l28... You dont need the cubes for the power in the L Serries..

mmmm 300 rwkw you say out of an L28. Please exlpain, in detail as I'd like to know how without putting the LD28 in and so forth. Are we talking big PSI turbo or just a performance built carburettored L28. Would seriously like to knpw the formula for this kind of HP.