SAU Community

Thinking Of Selling Your N/a R34?

Hey everyone,

I just wondering if anybody is getting off their P's and/or thinking of selling their R34, there hasn't been to many on the market recently and i have been contemplating on importing one from overseas. A few things I'm chasing in a R34 are; 2-door, factory aero, preferably manual but not fussed. I suppose i don't want to take the time importing one if there are good examples being had locally soon. A few good examples at Top Secret in Blacktown and M & T Ausport in Revsby but just wanna see if anyone is planning on letting their's go anytime in the next few months.

Located in Sydney but interstate isn't too much of a drama, will discuss prices with the owner in person or later down the track to avoid being rude so yeah, simply PM or reply to this thread, hope to hear from you guys soon! =)

Cheers, thanks for reading

Danny

Hey there matey, thanks for the reply, we'll have to see then hey. If you can add a few more details about the car either on here or through PM, pictures if you can aswell if you already have some. If you put it on the thread, other P-platers will be able to see the car aswell which is good so yeah. Keep them coming!

Cheers,

Danny

PM replied,

We can get something like a "N/A's For Sale Soon" thread. Hopefully it will help some peoples. Since people will always be getting of their P's it can help both parties

Danny

Edited by squareznboxez

I saw that car from Carizma for sale ages ago, i know you got it for quite a good price as the list price was only 15,000 or so, they're a reputable dealer down there.

Been looking for almost a year now, seems like taking the extra time to find one i really like in japan is the better way to go, alot of people in Aus trying to capitalize on the P-plate laws, i know of one seller here trying to get 20k for his R34 when he only bought it for 15K lol, so we'll see how things pan out.

This isnt just for me im sure plenty of P-platers are looking for a N/A R34 aswell so keep em' coming!

Cheers everyone,

Danny

thing is mate the shit economy has driven the price of imports up now, so people can sell them for more, so as you say, it will be even more difficult to find a good example for the money you want to spend. I travelled to vic. for mine,a s you know (somethin i never thought i'd do) but i was lucky to have gotten a car they imported before the economic downturn, These days its costing up to $15000 to get a good example into the country let alone complied. Ah well if ur ever interested in a silver one, let me know. Like i said, its not on the market, but if someone offers the right amount i'd sell it no worries. So until that day its just gonna have more money put into it :sick: lol

^ sounds like MR_XTC, he aint going to get $20k for a NA. even a p plater won't be that desperate to pay that much for a GT.

i might consider selling mine at the right price (pm me an offer, i can take stuff off to make it cheaper)

98 model, 86,000km

serviced every 5500km with elf fully synthetic oil

just changed gbox oil to castrol vmx80

tein HE coilovers

new brake pads

k&n hi flow panel filter

genuine gtr front bar, lip & bonnet

de-spoilered and holes properly filled & sprayed

sony xplode amp + clarion 12" 800W sub with custom sub box to sit in corner of the boot

6000K HID kit

you wont be getting one in from japan for under $15k landed & complied with this current exchange rate unless its a dodgey one thats been half cutted & slipped through inspections.

i was going to get mine before through iron chef imports and that was going to be around $15k for a 99model, with sunroof in black or white.

^ sounds like MR_XTC, he aint going to get $20k for a NA. even a p plater won't be that desperate to pay that much for a GT.

i might consider selling mine at the right price (pm me an offer, i can take stuff off to make it cheaper)

98 model, 86,000km

tein HE coilovers

new brake pads

k&n hi flow panel filter

sony xplode amp + clarion 12" 800W sub with custom sub box to sit in corner of the boot

6000K HID kit

you wont be getting one in from japan for under $15k landed & complied with this current exchange rate unless its a dodgey one thats been half cutted & slipped through inspections.

i was going to get mine before through iron chef imports and that was going to be around $15k for a 99model, with sunroof in black or white.

have you got a link to pics of your 34 as it currently sits? only seen that shot in your av, it looks mean from that angle...

98 model, 86,000km

tein HE coilovers

new brake pads

k&n hi flow panel filter

6000K HID kit

I'm confused. I heard it was a good time to import cause Japan is in the economic shitter, and that the exchange rate was better than ever.

Hmm it works both ways at the moment, by no means am i an expert, but although the exchange rates have hit the fan, the Japanese economy is also down the drain, and on top of that people that own old cars in Japan must pay a higher tax yearly for their cars so the price of cars have dropped in Japan.

So with the exchange rates going one way and the economy going another, good deals still exist, perhaps more so in the next few months than ever before.

Anyone who has a more informed opinion feel free to correct and modify

Thanks for the amount of interest in this thread, its great!

Cheers,

Danny

Plenty of automatic R34's lying around for a bargain price.. if its a manual your after though start looking now, its gona be hard to find something good for a decent price

I have a 2 Door Manual, will sell for $14,000 for those who are interested.

Thanks for the PM's and replies guys, i'm just a little wary with 100,000km+ cars as they are very hard to sell as is, i'm planning to try find one under 70-80,XXX ks as i will be using it quite a bit so ones with already high mileage are a little out of the equation for me. I'm in no way judging anybody's car, its juts a preference. Auto's are also very hard to sell unless they have unique aesthetic options (bayside blue, factory aero) etc.. So thanks for the interest, but my search continues..

Danny

Thanks for the PM's and replies guys, i'm just a little wary with 100,000km+ cars as they are very hard to sell as is, i'm planning to try find one under 70-80,XXX ks as i will be using it quite a bit so ones with already high mileage are a little out of the equation for me. I'm in no way judging anybody's car, its juts a preference. Auto's are also very hard to sell unless they have unique aesthetic options (bayside blue, factory aero) etc.. So thanks for the interest, but my search continues..

Danny

I disagree with the auto part.

I've just started a new course and I swear 90% of my class mates didn't get their manual P's. They just don't want them anymore.

There is some truth to that statement, but just see how the autos fare on the for sale section is quite poor, you'd know this already but when you get your greens, you can drive any. The last NA R34 auto went for $11k when his original list price was $16500 which is some indication of the demand for autos. Each to their own however, i dont discount your opinion, i simply have a different view.

Cheers for the input,

Danny