SAU Community

Got A New Car.

shepo

Greetings all,

as the title says, got me self a new ride. my new daily driver. brand new 2009 subaru liberty. and its an auto :rant: (gasp)!!! and i love it to bits.

dont get me wrong i still love my GTR (always will) but now that im working at subaru fountain gate, insted of mentone where i was, im no longer able to sponge a lift to work. this ment driving the R from mt martha to fountain gate and back every day in traffic! i very quickly got over it! so with a bit of thought ive decided to lease a new liberty. i got a killer deal through work and i already knew how good the liberty's are. the other thing was with the promotion i got, came a pay increase :P which is enough to more or less pay the lease payments. so in a round about way, i guess you could say that work has bought me a car :laugh:

i think i love the "Libbo" as much as i love the R, but for completley different reasons. Now my R can sit in the garage waiting for a nice sunny weekend or track day. and i enjoy it even more than i used to because im driving it less. each driving experience is that little bit more special if you like... (sounds pretty sad ay?)

im sure you all know what a liberty looks like but heres a pic anyway...

feel free to pass comment.

cheers,

matty.

post-32005-1238567313_thumb.jpg

Nice one Matty. I met you at the Kamikaze SAUvic membership renewal.

Good choice on the liberty. Practical and fast... sort of :P,

My daily driver is going to be a hot wagon of some sort too. GTRs in stop-start traffic with modified clutches and poor fuel economy = getting tired of actually driving it. Totally agree.

With the amount of money you saved on the liberty you should be able to afford the oil cooler and sump baffle for the R before the suspension/tire mods :laugh:

yeah its definately nice to have something easy and comfortable to drive, oh and a warranty too! the fuel econemy is another bonus, im curently doing 8.8 litres per 100ks!

luvin it! :laugh:

thanks for the suggestion Juliette, but yeah nah! :P

Woot fountain gate subaru, haha i live near there, they have a nice setup.

Congrats on the new liberty, looks great.

I had one as my last car (not quite as new as yours ;) ) but was a great reliable little thing.

why did u get the liberty dude?

you know if its traffic and petrol consumption you are worried about i highly recommend a 1.3ltr jazz.....preferably in yellow....

oh look what we have here.....my yellow 1.3 ltr jazz is for sale too!!!

;)

nah - liberties are nice man...congrats

Well done and congratulations on your new purchase ;) That white is sexy!

I know a few people at Subaru. What do you do there? I assume you're in the 'Melbourne Subaru' chain of dealers?

Mmmmm Subaru fuel additive...can't leave without it...HAHAHA!

Take it easy! Drive safely.

Nice one Matty. I met you at the Kamikaze SAUvic membership renewal.

Good choice on the liberty. Practical and fast... sort of :),

My daily driver is going to be a hot wagon of some sort too. GTRs in stop-start traffic with modified clutches and poor fuel economy = getting tired of actually driving it. Totally agree.

With the amount of money you saved on the liberty you should be able to afford the oil cooler and sump baffle for the R before the suspension/tire mods :kiss:

Thought i'd put my 2 cents in here as i'm also relieving my ride of daily duties in favour of the weekender title.

My new daily (toy) will be a motor bike! Pick it up in 7 days!

Can't farken wait!!!!!!!!! It's a Honda RVF400 Red & Black.

Trying to up load pics but i'm being barred!

Oh yeah nice Liberty too by the way! Such nice cars to drive.

thanks guys,

yes we are part of Subaru Melbourne, and im in spare parts. who do you know S2oOo?

i love the satin white, being a pearl colour it really looks awesome in the sun :D

i thought i did pretty good with getting the Libbo, but it looks like ive been upstaged by snowy with his new beast! hmm... i could trade both the R and the Libbo, then i would only have to pay prolli 100 grand or so for an r35... ;)

Thought i'd put my 2 cents in here as i'm also relieving my ride of daily duties in favour of the weekender title.

My new daily (toy) will be a motor bike! Pick it up in 7 days!

Can't farken wait!!!!!!!!! It's a Honda RVF400 Red & Black.

Trying to up load pics but i'm being barred!

Oh yeah nice Liberty too by the way! Such nice cars to drive.

AGREED

cant wait to get my r6

thanks guys,

yes we are part of Subaru Melbourne, and im in spare parts. who do you know S2oOo?

i love the satin white, being a pearl colour it really looks awesome in the sun :)

i thought i did pretty good with getting the Libbo, but it looks like ive been upstaged by snowy with his new beast! hmm... i could trade both the R and the Libbo, then i would only have to pay prolli 100 grand or so for an r35... :cheers:

lol ONLY a hundered grand