SAU Community

Race Seat Choice

unique1

How big are you guys that are using some of the seats mentioned in here?

I'm only 5 `6 and around 58kg. The best I've found to fit my build are fixed recaro's and Bride Zeta's. WORST were reclinable recaro's. Both come with a silly price as already said though

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 5'11", 88kg, 32" waist and Cobra suits me fine n dandy.

Remeber lots of these seats mentioned are available with little velco pads that you can shift around totailor to your frame, whether it be in the squab or backrest.

Phaarrkkk. When did this become Anorexics Australia?

High five for anyone else nudging the 100kg mark.

Good luck fitting your child bearing hips inside a Japanese seat with a width of 450mm by the way.

Now go and eat some pies you lot.

post-5134-1240193028_thumb.jpg

Edited by djr81

Good luck fitting your child bearing hips inside a Japanese seat with a width of 450mm by the way.

Jeez.. you look prety cramped in there...

Hell, i might lose a kg or two ripping 20kgs out of the car. Easier to just up the boost another few psi. Much easier :wacko:

I love my ex Bright HRT seat, its a kevlar Momo. Ok, so Bright isnt as cool as Seto, but...fark you Count! At least you were there to back me up when i was too chicken sh1t to get Bright to sign my seat. So now i have a signed ex HRT race seat :D

Haha I'm 6'0, about 103kg, which is why I went for the GT version of that Cobra Evolution I posted up on the previous page, fits nice.

Although I also agree with Roy, its easier to wind a bit of boost into it than drop a heap of weight :wacko:

Haha I'm 6'0, about 103kg, which is why I went for the GT version of that Cobra Evolution I posted up on the previous page, fits nice.

Although I also agree with Roy, its easier to wind a bit of boost into it than drop a heap of weight :woot:

Do use your car on the street or track only? If you street it then how are you finding the head supports visibility wise?

My seats has the tabs rather then the hoops so should be worse for visibility on the street. I drive mostly with my mirrors so isnt a problem 85% of the time. But yes, there are times like when you come up to a tight merge lane or about to merge with quicker traffic and thats when the seat sux. Mostly because it is so heavily bolstered you cannot use a seat belt on the street. If you try it dosnt touch your body, it hits the supports instead. So need to use harness whcih uscks on the street.

Oh and you look like a tool when at the servo and you have to undo the harness, remove the steering wheel then still have to trip out of the car. I am no 95kg gymnast :woot:

Interior.jpg

MOMOSEAT.jpg

Or...you could buy a paid of ADR approved OBX seats for about 500 and spend the other 700 on making the car go quicker. extensively crash tested and comfortable enough to live with for 8 hours a day 6 days straight at targa.

Not sure why such expensive seats are so popular to be honest. I sat in a Sparco Evo recently and the amount of flex it showed in corners was alarming (I'm sure it's safe and fully tested, but it is now way as solid as a steel seat). Give me a solid seat that is going to hold me in the right place in a crash any day.

What about Velo? they have ADR and FIA approved seats, for around half the price of the bigger brands! http://www.autosportpa.com.au/?stg=71

gah, can't delete post, should of read thread before posting

Edited by Ryan1600

:D

What about Velo? they have ADR and FIA approved seats, for around half the price of the bigger brands!

I bought a VELO FIA GPT in XXL. I had issues with every other seat I tried. I couldnt get my ass in em properly and the top wings where not high enough for my shoulders to fit. I am 6 foot and 110kg and have really wide shoulders

They modded the seat so the front belt hole is moved forward 20mm. The 6 point harness squashed my nuts. Most of em have the harness hole too far back. Not comfortable.

I would have got a carbon one but they dont have a mould for the bigger sizes in the carbon seats. So sandwich glass will do till I get my ass back to the gym. :)

JP offered me his old carbon seat when he got his V8 supercar seat. I looked at him and laughed :)

Edited by Tektrader69

Do use your car on the street or track only? If you street it then how are you finding the head supports visibility wise?

Car is mainly driven to the workshops or track, very little street driving these days apart from the odd drive through the hills etc.

However I find the wings around the top of the seat very easy to deal with, it allows the seatbelt to come through normally and I don't have any probs looking right when changing lanes, looking to the left needs a little bit more concentration but the half cage in the rear is more to blame for that.

Another vote for cobra here. I'm running an Evolution S. Just under 6ft but little frame (65kg). Seat is amazingly comfortable and the harness holes are at the prefect position for my height.

The biggest problem i ran into finding a seat was because I'm relatively skinny but not short any seat that fitted had the harness holes far to low. The only other option that sat great for me was recaro but WAY to expensive.

Ending up getting the evolution for under $1000 new on sale.

Car is mainly driven to the workshops or track, very little street driving these days apart from the odd drive through the hills etc.

However I find the wings around the top of the seat very easy to deal with, it allows the seatbelt to come through normally and I don't have any probs looking right when changing lanes, looking to the left needs a little bit more concentration but the half cage in the rear is more to blame for that.

Good to know, thanks for that, will have to give it a good look when it comes to new seat time. So far the only seat I know that fits me perfectly is the Bride Zeta 3...

Meridian for the cage? Your car is pretty mint track car these days , :D