SAU Community

Skyline Bonnet Struts

srbj3t r34

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well good news and bad news.

bad news im calling of the group buy as to the fact the guy who was going to make them for me has pulled out

good news is i will search for a new guy who can do it for the price listed

untill then keep those skylines humming and sorry bout the inconvinience.

cheers

i just saw the price of these kits. wow, that's a lot. i reakon i could easily make kits for about $150 using good quality struts

Can you take over from here?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys lots of cars have gas struts on the bonnets, i bet that there is some car out there that has exactly the right struts and brackets to fit straight onto ours, or maybe with a slight modification. The thing ive noticed is that most bonnets that have gas struts installed are very light flimsy bonnets where ours are quite heavy ..

Hey guys lots of cars have gas struts on the bonnets, i bet that there is some car out there that has exactly the right struts and brackets to fit straight onto ours, or maybe with a slight modification. The thing ive noticed is that most bonnets that have gas struts installed are very light flimsy bonnets where ours are quite heavy ..

Are you serious??

33 bonnets are light compared to your typical ford or commodore, also the problem is that most cars have the mount on the side of the bonnet its self, but because skyline bonnets are so thin and flimsy you cant put anything there, the main bracket needed is the one on the hinge, the one on the guard is easy, just use a 90 degree mount off a commodore.

• 2 weeks later...

i think its the opposite my r33 gtst bonnet to me seems bulky and seems like it would be heavy, my friends commodore bonnet is that thin it moves while driving .. but everyone is entitled to an opinion im not saying your wrong, its just my opinion, i reckon a mechanic that sees alot of cars would be the best to ask if thyere may be something that could be a close match ..