• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*puts flame suit on*

i notice the ones who don't love their skylines all seem to own 33's

they should have bought a decent model first time round lol

Ha ha that is funny sh*t "flame suit". Now ya make me feel bad. Now i dont like r33's

*puts flame suit on*

I think there is some truth to your statement. Although at the time of when I bought mine, it was the only really decent and feasible car that I could afford that was an Import.

I didn't really want a R32 cos of the RB20. R34 was way out of my reach. Originally wanted a 180 or S13 Sil at the time but this came along first and seemed the better pick. I admit it's a great all rounder car.

But yeah, I found when it was standard, I could never really find the perfect angle to take a photo of it. Every photo I took the car it looked el ugly.

i hate my car coz it doesnt change into a huge walking robot like the transformers movie...the guy i bought it off said it would...grrrr!

honestly...keep it clean and maintain any issues and you wont have any problems..

p.s r34's are definatelythe finest skyline so far!

Edited by allthewaytotheskyline

theres a few simple things you can do to improve the look of your car dude. then you will love it.

1. paint the skirts

2. get a gtr grill

3. find a different front bar

4. take to your headlights with autosol

it just needs a tidy up... maybe buy it something new to enhance the performance, get it tuned or something... or drive someone elses flogged out r32 and you'll see how much nicer the 33 is to sit in.

theres a few simple things you can do to improve the look of your car dude. then you will love it.

1. paint the skirts

2. get a gtr grill

it just needs a tidy up... maybe buy it something new to enhance the performance, get it tuned or something... or drive someone elses flogged out r32 and you'll see how much nicer the 33 is to sit in.

If I'm going to buy anything for it, it'd be in the form of a turbo or something. I've always been a performance first, looks second kind of guy. I'm just too tight to spend more on it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be selling it anytime soon. I suppose it's a good thing to that where I live you can count the number of skylines in town on one hand. Makes it feel more unique to the area.

i love my 34 to bits, but i hate driving it as my daily whilst my lexus is getting a rebuild. ive put 13000kms on it in 6 months and am not happy about it at all.

gonna get a 4wd soon as a daily so i can just have the 34 as my weekend warrior.

i agree with the 34 part! i love my 34 gtt ;) just bought it for 20k, fixed up a couple of things and getting my misfire & gear crunching fixed (being covered under that AWN warranty whew)

33's are nice.... i was going to buy a 33 S2... but for a few k extra i could have a 34 :)!

PLUS i did just come from driving a toyota camry for 4 years... sooo..yeah.. driving the 34 is like a dream to me haha

*puts flame suit on*

no need to flame you.... just point out that you are incorrect ;)

i love my 33.... i clean her probably 3 times a week and have spent a small fortune on her, but dont regret 1 cent because when i hit the loud pedal i have 300rwkw at my disposal and that makes you forget anything else :)

If I'm going to buy anything for it, it'd be in the form of a turbo or something. I've always been a performance first, looks second kind of guy. I'm just too tight to spend more on it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be selling it anytime soon. I suppose it's a good thing to that where I live you can count the number of skylines in town on one hand. Makes it feel more unique to the area.

NZM.031 is right mate. do the following:

1. paint the skirts

2. get a gtr grill

I bet it will make u love ur car more than turbo or other stuff. From what u r sayn, it looks like u dont like the way it looks. So why not make it look good first then when the love is in the Air u can do the rest.

I bet if u lower it and paint the Skirts and get Gtr-Grill u will already start liking it.

Maybe someone should Photo shop the last pic of ur car and change the side skirts to white and lower ur car. so u can get motivated to PIMP it up and stop hating ur beautiful car. lol

I love my R33 so much. since day 1

Pic:

my33.jpg

Edited by VishR33

ken oath! Ive had my 33 for 4 years and if anyone should hate their car it should probably be me, 18 months of the ownership in the workshop, 3 blown engines (2 built), 2 turbos. Recently had the car looking a zillion bucks, full detail done, paint looking brilliant. Bad luck comes in 3's, firstly, got it back from the detailers, dad drives in the driveway in the bommodore, gets out leaving the car in drive, no handbrake...gets a good 10-12km/h up and ploughs into the passenger door! completely F@*ked it, later that same night. Going out, parked at a mates place. Got a cab, my mates Xr6 turbz barge swings his front left quarter into my front right side, smashes the sideskirt off, quarter is buckled badly and pushed in the right door! And finally, f*k it doesnt matter now, on sunday i take it to Eastern creek (same weekend btw), pouring with rain, lose it at turn 1 doing a good 200, into the gravel...smashed front bar, sideskirts and rear bar managed to come off...so much gravel in the doorjam i couldnt open my door. WTF hey?

Beyond all that its now at the smash repairs with all new panels and a nice Top Secret kit going on.

.....and i still love it!

NZM.031 is right mate. do the following:

1. paint the skirts

2. get a gtr grill

I bet it will make u love ur car more than turbo or other stuff. From what u r sayn, it looks like u dont like the way it looks. So why not make it look good first then when the love is in the Air u can do the rest.

I bet if u lower it and paint the Skirts and get Gtr-Grill u will already start liking it.

Maybe someone should Photo shop the last pic of ur car and change the side skirts to white and lower ur car. so u can get motivated to PIMP it up and stop hating ur beautiful car. lol

I love my R33 so much. since day 1

I kinda like the skirts looking black. It looks like crap and unfinished. I don't know why I like it looking like that and don't ask me why. But when it gets dirty it retains the same look. TBH I haven't actually cleaned it since I had the skirts on....which is almost a good 2 months or more.

I've had it lowered already, not by a massive hit though. I bought the SK Bilstein kit back in the day and that dropped it about 25mm or so. I can't really go any lower for te area I live in.

I plan on giving it a detail in and out this weekend, that should help re-ignite some 33 love :D

you may not think so but if you sell it you will think back and actually say you miss that car and would want it back again

Yeah I know I'd miss it stacks if I did.

I miss my old N13 Pulsar too because nothing I did to it really mattered. could take it for a thrash on dirt roads, the paint was schtarfed so scratches and chips and dents were welcome. I even painted the roof of the thing white with house paint. Man I hated that thing...lol

I wouldn't mind stepping into a Chaser or a Celsior dumped on airbags though.

lol go watch Tokyo Drift again... it ll re ignite the fire in u im sure....")

Tried that, last time I watched it I almost turned it off halfway through the tackiness was that bad. Seemed good the first time I watched it though.

Edited by KeyMaker

I hated the way my R33 got me pulled over just about every other day - which resulted in me losing my licence on a technicality. I also hated most of the culture associated with owning an import (the fanboyism, the young idiots, the hoons stepping into soarers and skylines, the forum heroes etc).

I must live a charmed existence because in 5+ years of daily driving skylines (Car 1: Aussie R31 with RB20DET, loud exhaust, minispool, etc Car 2: stock R33) I have yet to be pulled over for "driving a skyline". HWP got me once for mobile phone. I was part of a cruise on the central coast and was pulled up because cops were looking for someone who had misbehaved, got asked if I had a blow off valve and I just said no and he said go on get out of here.

Would love to know where the rest of you hang out to get into so much trouble. I even get waved past RBTs. Sorry to rub it in but you guys gotta be drawing attention to yourselves somehow.

My R33 is a daily driver and gets treated without a thought at times, but when I clean it well or spend some time maintaining it the car just seems to drive better and I get a silly grin all over again.

I must live a charmed existence because in 5+ years of daily driving skylines (Car 1: Aussie R31 with RB20DET, loud exhaust, minispool, etc Car 2: stock R33) I have yet to be pulled over for "driving a skyline". HWP got me once for mobile phone. I was part of a cruise on the central coast and was pulled up because cops were looking for someone who had misbehaved, got asked if I had a blow off valve and I just said no and he said go on get out of here.

Would love to know where the rest of you hang out to get into so much trouble. I even get waved past RBTs. Sorry to rub it in but you guys gotta be drawing attention to yourselves somehow.

My R33 is a daily driver and gets treated without a thought at times, but when I clean it well or spend some time maintaining it the car just seems to drive better and I get a silly grin all over again.

I'm the same, I never get pulled over for driving a skyline. I got hassled once cos some guy ran from the cops and they thought it was me. They took some photo's of the car and the "we've got our eye on you speech". Got pulled over again about it, I explained it wasn't me and I was never hassled since. It's a small town though, the cops get to know ya and don't bother you after. Only ever the rare RBT is all.