SAU Community

New Tyres For The Stock 17 Inch Rim - Something Quiet

Hi, I am looking for a set of new tyres for my V35 sedan. The car is driven as a family car by my wife - I would like to get something quite as the Yokohama DNA GP Grand Prix tyres on them there are fairly noisy.

The tyres are 215/55/17.

I have called around and people tell me that as long as the tyre is a premium touring (non performance tyre) that they will be fairly quiet. I am looking at

$264 - Goodyear LS2000

$245 - Bridgestone Turanza ER300

$265 - Dunlop 230

Does anyone have any of these tyres - how are they?

you can buy my wheels and tyres for $500 :P i cant remember how quiet they are but they are virtually brand new on stock rims!

however, on my car now i have Sumitomo HTR ZIII and they are pretty quiet, and they are comparatively cheaper than the bigger brands. And if you want to know what brand that is, go look at who makes your brake calipers :(

Hi, I am looking for a set of new tyres for my V35 sedan. The car is driven as a family car by my wife - I would like to get something quite as the Yokohama DNA GP Grand Prix tyres on them there are fairly noisy.

The tyres are 215/55/17.

I have called around and people tell me that as long as the tyre is a premium touring (non performance tyre) that they will be fairly quiet. I am looking at

$264 - Goodyear LS2000

$245 - Bridgestone Turanza ER300

$265 - Dunlop 230

Does anyone have any of these tyres - how are they?

I have had both the Turanza ER300 and Potenza RE001. Turanza is a very average tire. The RE001's v.good. I currently have Toyo CT01. These are the quietest tires i have driven on and have been performing equally as good as the RE001 Potenza's. Not sure of the cost in Aussie but in NZ they are cheaper by $50 a tire.

I have had both the Turanza ER300 and Potenza RE001. Turanza is a very average tire. The RE001's v.good. I currently have Toyo CT01. These are the quietest tires i have driven on and have been performing equally as good as the RE001 Potenza's. Not sure of the cost in Aussie but in NZ they are cheaper by $50 a tire.

Organising RE001s to put on by next week, most of mech recommended RE001 as ER300 is "Touring" and RE001 is "Performance" tires~

I need some grippy foot~ :P , RE001 got much better rating on noise level and wet/dry grips than ER300