SAU Community

D1 Drift 2009 Round 3 & 4, Okayama

pear

Hey Guys,

Is anyone heading to this round?

I'm not sure if I'll be in Tokyo, Kyoto or Osaka. hopefully it's an easy place to get to.

any idea of Ticket price?

I've done a few searches, is there any other motor sport events between 18th to 30th June?

will be my first trip to Japan - can't wait!!!!

Cheers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's not much on during those dates you posted, SuperGT is at Sepang then and Super Taikyu, D1SL, MSC, JDDA drags etc all falling outside those dates.

Okayama circuit is fairly easy to get to, and on the days they have big events there's usually a shuttle bus from the closest station to the circuit called "JR Yoshinaga" (JR Okayama station is past JR Yoshinaga by quite a distance so don't go to JR Okayama by shinkansen if you can help it, you'll just be doubling back).

JR Yoshinaga google map

You can get a train from Osaka (Umeda) or Kobe that goes out to Himeji but you'll have to change trains to a local one to get to JR Yoshinaga. It's fairly easy though and if you have trouble just wave a map with Okayama circuit on it at any station I'm sure the staff will help you out. The shuttle bus from JR Yoshinaga to the circuit may or may not be running so you might be up for a 15 - 20 minute taxi ride. If so keep the map handy because you'll need it to explain to the non-English speaking driver where you want to go... Yoshinaga is about as small as towns get.

thanks for the comments.

think i'll now be in Kyoto around those dates. sounds like it's a bit of a trip from there but i'm keep to give it a bash.

I'd much prefer to see SuperGT, maybe next time

btw, approx how much is the entry? and i assume it's easy to buy tickets at the gate on the day?

The Okayama round 3 info isn't up yet, but if the Odaiba exhibiton round ticket prices are anything to go by, they start at 5,500yen and go up from there depending on which area you sit in.

• 3 weeks later...

Coming from Matsuyama, its about 2hrs 45mins to JR Okayama. Would I need to keep going PAST Okayama to hit JR Yoshinaga? Or will it be before I hit Okayama (coming via local train from Matsuyama/Shikoku)?

How far out of Okayama is it time-wise via train?

I might check it out if its not too difficult to get to.

As Rezz said its pretty easy to get to- but don't be scared when you get off the train in the middle of nowhere. The only thing I would be careful of is the shuttle bus. Give the Circuit a quick call or shoot them an email. They will have a bus on Sunday for sure but check about Saturday.

R-Sanyon and I made this mistake once (Super GT round on Saturday "Yeah, they will have a shuttle bus for sure"- stupid me) lucky for us that an hour into our walk a guy in a Chaser picked us up and took us to the circuit.

Have fun

I was hoping to get out there, but just worked out i'll be in Tokyo on the night of the 27th.

I'm thinking Tokyo to the track is too far to travel?

Coming from Matsuyama, its about 2hrs 45mins to JR Okayama. Would I need to keep going PAST Okayama to hit JR Yoshinaga? Or will it be before I hit Okayama (coming via local train from Matsuyama/Shikoku)?

How far out of Okayama is it time-wise via train?

I might check it out if its not too difficult to get to.

In that case yes, you'll have to go past JR Okayama to get to JR Yoshinaga. You're taking a local train from Matsuyama?? I'm not at all familiar with the services out there, but isn't there ferry or express train you could take?

In that case yes, you'll have to go past JR Okayama to get to JR Yoshinaga. You're taking a local train from Matsuyama?? I'm not at all familiar with the services out there, but isn't there ferry or express train you could take?

No shinkansen to Shikoku, only local trains service here. Ferries will be slower, and likely more expensive. Don't think Okayama has a port neither.

btw, approx how much is the entry? and i assume it's easy to buy tickets at the gate on the day?
Definitely not... you should pre-book tickets

I have bought them for people before and sent the ticket to their hotel.

Definitely not... you should pre-book tickets

I have bought them for people before and sent the ticket to their hotel.

So where would I look to purchase them from? Is there a website to purchase from?

Apologies for all the noobish questions :)

No shinkansen to Shikoku, only local trains service here. Ferries will be slower, and likely more expensive. Don't think Okayama has a port neither.

I'm aware of all that, it just sounds odd that your only option is a local train... it'll take a lifetime to get there.

It is an express train. Not the shinkansen. One or two below it in speed. Like I said before, there are no shinkansen on or servicing Shikoku. After all, it is the least populous of the 4 main islands... Okayama is hardly far. When its 11 hours to Tokyo, Okayama seems awful close...

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely head down there. I was in Okayama yesterday for training, so I'm used to traveling long distance throughout West Japan. It's kind of unavoidable really. Times like this, I wish I had a set of wheels though... Would make the trip a lot more memorable! If only AEON would let us teachers own cars :)