SAU Community

The Ultimate Gt3540 Powered Street Rb30?

doubt its in an R31 fatz, i'd say VL. look at the graph again, 3.45 diff ratio. R31's start at 3.7's or something dont they?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why?

An rb30det has enough grunt down low already.. and by the look of the graph, he has the same down low as any rb30 det.

When I drive my rb30et I feel the pain cause it's a laggy crack whore....

I would go as far to say this bloke would have been better off just going twin cam and enjoying the power.... as opposed to having f**ked around to get the same power and response as a twin cam.

Point is, for a single cam this is awesome....... for a twin cam, very average.

I compared the graph to mine, my car makes 20rwkw more 1500rpm or so earlier and I even have a larger 1.06 rear housing

Still compared to the other setup its much more responsive.

I personally prefer a larger rear housing so that boost comes on more progressive so I can actually get traction at the race track.

Massive power is awesome for drags, but shit for track lap times.

I should have probably added control the supercharger load points in 3d therefore it now works much like a progresive nitrous setup (gear based) which tames it down in 1st and winds it up for the rest. Much like a t88 powered car never hits target boost in first due to the fact it cant load the car enough to produce the exhaust gas. On drag radials you could alter this load setting to allow more aggressive engagement.

Car is used for daily driving, drags and has done a few days at sandown. It is actually a very good alrounder.

Edited by URAS