SAU Community

Beginners Guide To Drag Racing

adam 32

on the launch

i go for 3500rpm seems to work best for my car, but it took a few runs to get that sorted and its still not perfect.

if u want a good re action time do this

on the tree is 2 white staging lights

3 orange lights

1 green

and 1 red eg

eg;

w

w

o

o

o

g

r

you want to start going when the 2nd orange goes out and the 3 rd comes on. but being ur first time down i'd say try and sort out your launch for starters cause u'll get at least 10 runs on sunday.

i run my rear tyres at 22psi it helps abit with grip but not much.

other than that its make sure u know ur cars power curve cause if peak power starts to drop off at 6000 and you don't change till you hit 6500 or 7000 your loosing time and acceleration.

good luck

Guest KILLER-T

Hey Adam dont worrie about a thing dude if you want to see someone stuff a launch up watch me i allways get way too much wheel spin :burnout: :burnout:

I have heard a lot of people holding their revs to 3,000 to 3,500 on launch...

Do you guys not get the ass of your car flicking out sideways, as if I rev anything above 2,500 I spin all thru 1st and 2nd and seem to get a betta takeoff holding between 2 & 2,500.

Do you think mine could be different due to the series 2 turbo (ie: spools up a bit quicker), by the way mine is stock...

Originally posted by Spada33

Do you guys not get the ass of your car flicking out sideways, as if I rev anything above 2,500 I spin all thru 1st and 2nd and seem to get a betta takeoff holding between 2 & 2,500.

Do you think mine could be different due to the series 2 turbo (ie: spools up a bit quicker), by the way mine is stock...

Hmm if your car is stock and you are spinning all the way through 2nd gear, then you need new tyres. My car is lightly modded (exhaust,boost) and spins through first and then chirps into second but thats about it...... what was your best time?

No its not different at all, the series II turbo doesnt spool any quicker than a series 1.

It's a trade off between getting on boost for a hard launch and wheel spining the car all the way down the track.

Skylines in general (GTR exepted) have crap takeoff traction, made worse by people putting the lowest profile tyres on. Get the KCA349 kit for your diff cradle from whiteline and you should have far less wheelspin even at 3500rpm.

Rev210 how much does that part cost and who would you get to install it??

West shock in subiaco (they realy should pay me a commision).

$105 there abouts

Do it your self, it's not at all hard.

You will need 17mm socket / 14mm socket , torque wrench $14 from marlows (buy one you will use it again one day).

You will also need a few band-aids as the freaking nuts are on tight.

Quite a few guys on the forum have done this mod so you will get no shortage of advice, otherwise Westshock can do it for you.

I got 14.6 last time I went down, although when I was revving higher on launch my times got worse??

Yeah my tyres are on the way out....doin burnout vid on weekend with my mates so I think I will finish them off...hehe -

What mods have you done?