SAU Community

Federal Semi Slick Tyres

DRD-00F

OK friends, to prove how much these guys want these tyres gone, for every person that buys 2 or more tyres, your name will be entered into a raffle between all the other purchases from this GB ONLY, so VERY good chances of winning!

The prizes are as follows:

A Federal Motorsports Jacket worth $80!

fedmotorsportjacket.jpg

And a Federal Motorsports Cap worth another $20!

fedmotorsportcap.jpg

Raffle will be drawn at the end of June.

And to those people that have already purchased tyres don't worry, your names are already in the raffle ;)

Remember, you WILL NOT find BRAND NEW, UN-USED SEMI SLICKS straight from the supplier to your door for this price for a VERY long time to come, if ever!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what these are like as a daily driver on the road and also if they are suitable for the drags?

I drive my Skyline every day and at the moment I am running Federal 595RS-Rs (the successor of the 595RS semi) on the street. With the recent rain here I can honestly say that they are much the same as a street tyre when it comes to the wet, if not slightly better. :ninja:

dooooof. 265/35/18's

caarn man, you can do it

You're right, I can... FOR CLUB MEMBERS ONLY TONY! :rofl2:

when I've joined your club lol you got these in stock... 255/35/R18?? want 4 <<<do i get 2 raffle tickets :D

Yeah they will be in stock, but they won't be this price, and no, no raffle tickets... well, I might be able to squeeze you in :sick:

What would be the best for 17x8 for front and 17X9, not looking for super low profile.

Ideal fitment would be 235/45R17 front and 255/40R17 rear if you are after maximum traction, but you can vary anywhere between 215 - 235 on the front and 225 - 255 on the rear safely (depending on the tyre)...

It depends on what type of driving you are planning on doing.

i put the 235/45's on my 17x8's. whats the ideal hot temp for these? i was trying to keep em around 40psi on the track as i wasnt sure how

hard the sidewall on these are?

Ideal track pressures would be about 34 - 36psi cold as they will pick up around 6 - 8 psi when hot... I have found that ideal temp for track use is between 60 - 80 degrees on the tread face.

The sidewalls in the 595RS are fairly strong but when used on the track they can fold under a bit, keep checking the sidewalls for signs of wear and adjust your pressures to suit. :sick: