SAU Community

Federal Semi Slick Tyres

DRD-00F

This is a limited time offer to all members of SAU from the kind people at SAU:NSW and Federal Tyres :)

2uibxix.gif

ALL THAT'S LEFT GUYS! This will run for another two weeks (so until the 7th of December) then it will be closed and gone :)

SAU:NSW and Federal tyres thank you for looking and hope that anyone who bought the tyres enjoys them! :)

1 x 195/50R15 595RS - $90.00

1 x 225/45R17 595RS - $90.00

1 x 255/35R18 595RS - $90.00

Freight charge on the above tyres = $11.00 (anywhere in Aus).

This is the CHEAPEST price ever offered on these tyres and is valid only while stocks last.

To order your tyres, send me a PM using the following outlay:

--Personal Info-- *Necessary info

Name*:

Forum Name*:

Post Code*:

Email:

Phone Number:

Shipping Address: (this will be necessary after payment, but not for a quote)

--Tyre Info--

Width*: example 255, 265 etc

Height*: 30, 35, 40 etc

Rim Size*: 17, 18 etc

Amount*: 2, 4 etc

Deposit the money into this account, MAKE SURE TO USE YOUR FORUM USERNAME ON THE DESCRIPTION. I want to keep this as tidy as possible :)

Account Details

Bank: CBA

Acct Name: Steven Hill

BSB: 06 2121

Acct No.: 1012 2011

Also, remember that this is FIRST IN FIRST SERVED!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an honest review of them from Abo-bob, the SAU:NSW President:

On a personal note, I used these on the front of my car at the last SAU track day. I had RE55's on the rear which are some of the best semi slicks there are. IMO, the Federals were half way between street tyres and the RE55's. They gripped well but were outgripped by the RE55's. The thing that made them so good though, was that after a full day out on the track, they barely look used at all. I am intending to put these on all 4 and use them on the street as well because I'm lazy and don't want to change wheels all the time.

The other thing I noticed was that the Federals warmed up in the first lap but the RE55's took about a lap and a half. Neither went greasy despite many laps. Street tyres will do this though. So you can do heaps of laps in them and quick warm up means they may be good for hillclimbs perhaps and other disciplines where there isn't much time to warm the tyres.

I guess my point here is that they are not the most grippy semi slicks around, but they are better than streeters and as a value for money proposition, they are outstanding.

Suitable for the drags yes (not as much as actual drag tyres like Mickey T's though)

Daily driver? Not so much. They will be very slippery in the wet and will wear down a little bit quicker then your standard tyre. EDIT: Apparently not as bad as I thought, read down.

I know people, one R34 GTR Nur spec in particular, that runs semis all the time and is daily driven. His choice of tyre is Federal as well :P

Suitable for the drags yes (not as much as actual drag tyres like Mickey T's though)

Daily driver? Not so much. They will be very slippery in the wet and will wear down a little bit quicker then your standard tyre.

I know people, one R34 GTR Nur spec in particular, that runs semis all the time and is daily driven. His choice of tyre is Federal as well :)

Hey Steve,

I just thought that I would try to help out by adding in my two cents :D

I have been using 595RS' for a few years now on my R32 (daily drive) and have found them to be pretty good in the wet (considering that they are a semi-slick)... As long as you remember that they are more meant for dry road use and dont mash the loud pedal to much, you shouldnt have any surprises in the wet... Motor magazine rated these the "Best wet braking" semi slick in their last tyre test.

Also, my last set of these lasted a touch over 27,000kms so you can get pretty good life out of them if you keep up regular tyre maintenance.

If you are after a great all round performance tyre these are the pick of the bunch for "bang for your buck". :(

I would like a set but is pickup possible? I am not home during the day for deliveries which makes it hard for me.

No sorry, no chance for pickup. You could always send them to a mate who CAN receive them, perhaps someone's office or something?

These are selling like hotcakes guys, you won't EVER beat this price again, I suggest you get in NOW! :D