SAU Community

Thinking Of A Nissan Volvo....

Tangents

As mentioned in my other post - North Shore Prestige has my blue "Bilstein" springs. Too low for me, but if you really want the look - ring Ben

m

No worries, I'm also only after about 1.5". Looks like I've got some leads to chase down.

Thanks guys, Dale

Edited by Daleo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my bitches:

turbo blew 80 odd k

top radiator split at filler neck 100 odd k

viscous fan shat itself and ruptured radiators 138 k

other than that is a fine piece of work, very well sound insulated and pulls/pushes like a train

2001 rs4 250 t (cold weather edition)

my bitches:

turbo blew 80 odd k

other than that is a fine piece of work, very well sound insulated and pulls/pushes like a train

shit stag, you got the troubled rs4.... is the car being driven in cold weather always? ie connstant ambient temps below 10c? I work with fire trucks made by rosenbauer (austrian company) most, if not all of their trucks are designed to work in constant ambient temps 10c and below... have heard of a few problems with operating in warmer climates (more so going from warmer to colder to warmer to colder climates alot, seasonal stuff)... how is your weather?

Dale, have you tried wholesale suspension? penrith or blacktown, they may be worth a shot for some springs or full set ups? when i was doing the sus on my s15 i remember them saying they can mix an match and have lots of "hard to come by" stuff... my two cents

Ive got the Bilsteins shocks with Ebach springs and havent had any issues with scraping anywhere so far. They are a must upgrade for any ARX models as their stock handling is horrible. Or another thing you can also do is get swaybars.

shit stag, you got the troubled rs4.... is the car being driven in cold weather always? ie connstant ambient temps below 10c? I work with fire trucks made by rosenbauer (austrian company) most, if not all of their trucks are designed to work in constant ambient temps 10c and below... have heard of a few problems with operating in warmer climates (more so going from warmer to colder to warmer to colder climates alot, seasonal stuff)... how is your weather?

good point maybe

but more a problem of age of equipment perhaps as both incidents of cooling failure occurred in winter or colder autumn weather

the turbo is just one of those things as others here will no doubt agree

wat are the prices on the bilstein's with eibach springs?

Mine cost me about $1,400....problem is I don't think you can get them anymore....also the eibach springs I have are not for the AR-X. That being why my car is a lot lower than Andy's(not that I have a problem with that). If you are putting 20" wheels on your car with the eibach springs this may be an issue at the front as my 19"'s only just fit.

ohhhhhhhhhh I just met up with Bis-e (Stephen) to have a look at his m35 and holy crap! nice car, nice aero kit, got some poke for a wagon and somewhat incognito! as a few supra's and sil's where driving around us i thought this is for me... I even fit under the sunroofs! (Bonus!) I now dont think it will be long until i get one for my self, just have to wait and watch/look around for the right one! Stephen thanks again for letting me check out the stag!

oh and here are a few pics of what my bike looks like after the prang.... hit the car hard enough to put 2 creases in the (pressurised) fuel tank with a gap about 2 inches under one side of the tank and touching the frame on the other.. twisted the forks, put the whole back of the bike on a weird angle, cracked the engine cover dumping all the oil out of the bike, completely snapping off the left handle from the stalk (solid) and stuffing just about every piece of farring on the bike... i was doing 50 or so km/h versus a car

n675416636_2347426_3372849.jpgn675416636_2347427_3602178.jpg

n675416636_2347428_2666231.jpgn675416636_2347429_1665687.jpg

n675416636_2347431_6387202.jpgn675416636_2347433_2488325.jpg

n675416636_2347478_25065.jpg

Edited by Tangents

Was my pleasure Teren, glad you were impressed and even better that there will be another M35 on the road in the near future!

The bike don't look so good :D The main thing is you recovered and with no major lifeline injuries.

As discussed, I will confirm with you about the meet on the 7th of June if you want to come along I'll collect you on the way, it's shaping up to be an awesome Stagea turn-out!

I wish that was the case Craig!

Mine is going into Hornsby Nissan in the next 2 weeks for a service / consult check-up and a Power Duct.

I think there is a small problem with fuel flow or something similar, either that or Iain has tweaks he doesn't want to reveal :P

But I'll bring Teren along to the meet that's fast approaching and he can kick everyone's tyres and have a squiz :D

i should be there this week if others are coming. im pretty sure i dont have anything on. but ill be there for the 7th for sure!

and no i dont have any tweaks that im willing to tell anyone :)

Dale, have you tried wholesale suspension? penrith or blacktown, they may be worth a shot for some springs or full set ups? when i was doing the sus on my s15 i remember them saying they can mix an match and have lots of "hard to come by" stuff... my two cents

Yeah, but I haven't been able to speak with Steve unfortunately, the guy I dealt with just wasn't interested in looking past what the computer screen said at all. :)

I was a bit disappointed to be honest, I've bought a lot of gear from them in the past.

Having said that, I found that rhdjapan has Nismo S tune kits for $1600 landed, (sea freight) so I'm looking at going down that road. Don't really want to go very low, and the longer stroke of conventional shocks (versus adj coilovers) should give a nice ride.

Andy, do you have a contact at Pedders?

I've been speaking with Danny at Pedders in Penrith, good guy, tried quite hard to help. Basically told me that the only thing he could dig up (within all the pedders franchises) was a fellow with a white m35 (not AR-X)

I spoke to that guy while he was selling his car.

He had "sports ryder" springs that Pedders in Glenvale (or Glendale... not sure which).

my bitches:

turbo blew 80 odd k

Dunno about a "troubled" RS.

Both Jet and Myself have had radiator tanks go (mine actually cracked at 3 points - top tank, bottom tank and one of the tubes = R.I.P.) and both of us (and Danwatt) have had our turbo's go - all have been highflowed.

Issues I have had are;

Right front wheel bearing assembly replaced at ~94,000kms

Turbo let go, thus was highflowed ~120,000kms

Radiator turned emo - replaced with custom unit ~145,000kms

That is all.