SAU Community

How Much Of A Fine Should I Budget For?

Sparkys

speaking of track, when are you out next chad? i wanna see that thing off the leash!

As soon as I get some new brake pads, check this vid

my cars at the 40 second mark. straight pipes and all :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is this nice straight road that goes for about 10km without a corner and has perfect vision all the way along. Hardly any cars but you gotta watch out for farmers on their tractors.

Like i said i don't do it to be cool i do it because i enjoy going fast, and the last time i did that was about 3 years ago. Heck on my current bike i've never been over 200.

There is this nice straight road that goes for about 10km without a corner and has perfect vision all the way along. Hardly any cars but you gotta watch out for farmers on their tractors.

Like i said i don't do it to be cool i do it because i enjoy going fast, and the last time i did that was about 3 years ago. Heck on my current bike i've never been over 200.

sounds like it's out in the sticks Karl....whats the speed limit in the area?

^^lol.....exactly what i was thinking......quote from the farmer..."i checked both ways, and you can see for bout 5 kays each way clearly..i pulled out ontee thu road and started drivin dow 't thu shed ani felt a thud...suddenly there was this wierd lookin dude slidin in fronamee on his ass....dunno bout those new japee bikes, they be gittin smaller each time i headin inter town"

rofl

i got done about 6 months ago doing 84 in a 60 zone.. was about 4am, going to work..

cruising at about 90 kays and seen a reflection hidden behind trees, slowed down (not enough)..

got 370 fine and 3 points, havnt driven stupidly after that.

i havent had a speeding fine at all since i got my licence.

i intend to keep it that way :(

pretty easy in an NA :D

*waits for assassins clad in leather*

-D

ive had

1 speeding

1 failure to maintain vehicle standards

1 disoby stop sign

and my most recent

no p plates

yay for an honest mistake costing me $165

what the f*ck is failure to maintain vehicle standards? was the cop that told me next time he defects me ill lose licence right, lol :(?

Edited by Rocky88

what the f*ck is failure to maintain vehicle standards? was the cop that told me next time he defects me ill lose licence right, lol :P ?

cause of my camber on the fronts i got my tyres flipped and stripped by my mate and cause cops dont actually know how to check tread he was like oh its bald , when infact that part of the tyre doesnt actually make contact with the road :D

and he was also too pre-occupied with my guage placement and my interior haha

then he proceeded to tell me how he replaced his clutch in his commodore :(

which kralster forgot to mention, all happened on a race track

does anyone think about what a cop reading this thread will think :(

whats "excessive wheel spin" worth? the cop couldnt tell me... should of i got some written proof of this fine or is it just something they send me in the mail?

Edited by flame_this

which kralster forgot to mention, all happened on a race track

does anyone think about what a cop reading this thread will think :(

it happened on gran turismo 5 on the playstation 3...

sounds like it's out in the sticks Karl....whats the speed limit in the area?

Ohh it's an imaginary place, i'd never speed on the road. Speed kills don't ya know.

well said pete.

no one is a saint, but 200 kph in suburbia?? your gay.

+1 well said craig

on track you go nuts and on streets stick to the damn speed limit

Woah! Speeding is obviously a hot topic here judging by the number of replies :(

Thanks to all who gave rough estimates or examples of how much I should budget for. I'll budget for around the $600 mark I think...

in fairness, how dumb can u be? :banana:

lol at everyone saying "oh, bad luck"

how the hell is it bad luck to drive through 2 fixed cameras speeding 10 and 20k's over the limit? that's what we call stupidity, not bad luck.

u better be getting a lot of sex out of this, thats all i can say lol