SAU Community

How Much Of A Fine Should I Budget For?

Sparkys

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't do it to impress anyone, i did it because i enjoy going fast.

If we can have a road safety minster that has a ton of fines i don't see how i'm all that bad.

ive had

1 speeding

1 failure to maintain vehicle standards

1 disoby stop sign

and my most recent

no p plates

yay for an honest mistake costing me $165

as harsh as it sounds mate

you break a law expect the law coming down hard on you

i know honest mistakes happen and not everytime you jump in a car you check certain things

when i was on p plates i got cautioned once as the p plate fell off and was sitting on the parcel shelf....the cop was kind enough to let me know with handing a ticket and i put it back up on the spot.....one of those magnatic ones....they suck at sticking

as harsh as it sounds mate

you break a law expect the law coming down hard on you

i know honest mistakes happen and not everytime you jump in a car you check certain things

when i was on p plates i got cautioned once as the p plate fell off and was sitting on the parcel shelf....the cop was kind enough to let me know with handing a ticket and i put it back up on the spot.....one of those magnatic ones....they suck at sticking

well , no shit ?

i dont care , its my fault.

some cops are nice , others arent and like to do everything by the book regardless of your situation but hey

thats life

I've been done about 7 or 8 times for 0-15 over the limit. Worse one was 72 in a 60 ... uphill and trying to overtake a learner. Just bad luck.

Also got done for ... wait for it ..... 83 in an 80 zone in country Victoria. They're anal I tell ya! ;)

8 fines in over 20 years of driving. I'm a very minor offender. Never lost licence ... never came close. All fines are 2+ years apart. And thats in cars. On my bikes, I've never been caught for anything ... anything! I'm more sharp eyed and alert when I'm riding thats for sure.

If we can have a road safety minster that has a ton of fines i don't see how i'm all that bad.

We don't. So if everyone doing it, of course that makes it OK!

I received a speeding fine for a car i no longer drive. I sold my old commodore to the parents, they haven't changed the rego over yet. So dad was doing 58 in a 50 zone, got a notice in the mail for i think about $204, there was me trying to figure out why i would be in town at 5:30pm on a Wednesday...i then checked the rego number, wasn't the skyline. ha, and there was dad giving me trouble about getting a speeding fine...when it was actually his ;)

We don't. So if everyone doing it, of course that makes it OK!

Please show me where i said it was ok? I'm fairly sure i just said i'm not as bad as our former road "safety" minister.

Ruby i've had one ticket on the bike and that was coming back from philip island last year. Was about 7:00 at night just outside murray bridge and got done for 121 in 110 zone. And this is on a dual carriageway.

I received a speeding fine for a car i no longer drive. I sold my old commodore to the parents, they haven't changed the rego over yet. So dad was doing 58 in a 50 zone, got a notice in the mail for i think about $204, there was me trying to figure out why i would be in town at 5:30pm on a Wednesday...i then checked the rego number, wasn't the skyline. ha, and there was dad giving me trouble about getting a speeding fine...when it was actually his ;)

Stat dec the old fool and make him pay you war reparations for trauma

-D

Stat dec the old fool and make him pay you war reparations for trauma

-D

and of course the payment has to be a new turbo of your choice :)

I received a speeding fine for a car i no longer drive. I sold my old commodore to the parents, they haven't changed the rego over yet. So dad was doing 58 in a 50 zone, got a notice in the mail for i think about $204, there was me trying to figure out why i would be in town at 5:30pm on a Wednesday...i then checked the rego number, wasn't the skyline. ha, and there was dad giving me trouble about getting a speeding fine...when it was actually his :)

Owned! lol

lol see this is what i find funny. All they bang on about is speed kills yet everyone in this thread has exceeded the speed limit and is still alive...

10 - 20 k's tom3h? more like 170 km over the limit.

LOL Karl, I hope that was on your bike and not in a car......that way there's more of a chance that only you get killed and not some innocent kid.

well said pete.

no one is a saint, but 200 kph in suburbia?? your gay.

+1

I do those speeds on the track, not on the streets