SAU Community

Lowering Springs

hey every 1 i was wondering if i could get some advice on good springs for lowering my car, i hav an r34 skyline sedan with kyb adjustable shocks. i see places around advertising $400 to get your car lowered with king springs, is that the best way to go? cause at the moment it looks like a 4 wheel drive its so high so i need it lowered asap.

cheers

:ninja:

is the price much different in the two? i would rather fork out that bit extra cash to get quality springs, and will the shocks be good enough to handle the car being lowered?

If you prefer to fork out the cash to get the better item, go the coilovers.

If you can't afford it, the Kings will do but make sure your shocks are in fairly good condition. If they've been in the car for a while, swap them out too. The only issue if you have to swap them out, is that you'll be close to the price of a set of coilovers.

I ran with Kings for a while and I was happy, until I put the coilovers in. BIG difference.

Your call.

which coilovers though? There are so many different ones. I hear Tein's Superstreet (Aust Spec) are awesome. Shame I'd been convinved to get Bilsteins + stock springs when i was changing mine .. not happy with this setup (too rough a ride)

I'm running HKS Hiper-D's, a mate is running Tein's and another mate is running Cusco/Ohlins.

All are excellent and make a big difference.

I have heard of others using different brands, but you need to take into account reliability and availability of parts for rebuilds.