SAU Community

No Traffic Fines?

Crackfox

we were on our way back from tafe today up in thornlie, perth. 80 in a 60 zone. cops pulled up next to us gave us a thumbs up and sped off down the road. was killa.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they started doing this the night after I got done for speeding and yellowed lol, so since last friday.

Dad says he's saw a police vehicle parked in front of a speed camera with his hazard lights on as well today.

But it does scare me how our own police are so money driven. Wonder what happens if someone gets caught over the blood alcohol limit, gets a warning, and gets into a smash on the way home. Hopefully they don't let cases like that slide.

Edited by Magic

But it does scare me how our own police are so money driven. Wonder what happens if someone gets caught over the blood alcohol limit, gets a warning, and gets into a smash on the way home. Hopefully they don't let cases like that slide.

I doubt they'd let drunk drivers go. Minor infringements may be waived though.

Money driven? wow $52k per year is not worth having people spit on your face in the street when you're trying to do your job.

the funny thing is without speeding fine 'threats' do you see more accidents on the road? Really I haven't seen anything stupid on the roads more than normal.

I think the cops should be more like this in general, just pull over someone if they doing something stupid and let those driving safely, albeit maybe over the limit a little, keep going.

edit: I also find it strange that almost the first 'industrial action' police take is to stop doing non-essential stuff and only emergency things, and always speeding tickets are the first ones that get classed as non-essential.

Speed makes accidents worse, but it doesn't necessarily cause accidents which the cops understand at least.

Edited by mickey

Money driven? wow $52k per year is not worth having people spit on your face in the street when you're trying to do your job.

You make a valid point. Thought it was more around the 60-65k range. :)

Well if they stopped dishing out bogus yellow stickers and fining people for speeding then we would kindly stop spitting in their face....jokes

Yeh, I understand where they are coming from. It is a hard job being a cop sometimes.

Pity they have 2 sides to them, one which is anal about road use and one that protects people from crime like burglaries, theft, murder and assault. You love 'em and hate 'em.

You make a valid point. Thought it was more around the 60-65k range. :P

Probation (18 months) $54,381

3rd year of service $56,300

4th year of service $57,886

5th year of service & thereafter $59,435

Constable First Class (after 5 yrs) $63,229

Senior Constable (9 yrs +) $68,371

Sergeant $76,116

Jeez 9 years of service to get $68k

Probation (18 months) $54,381

3rd year of service $56,300

4th year of service $57,886

5th year of service & thereafter $59,435

Constable First Class (after 5 yrs) $63,229

Senior Constable (9 yrs +) $68,371

Sergeant $76,116

Jeez 9 years of service to get $68k

my brother is trying to get into cop school atm. i think its funny. he dosent realise its not that good money compared to going to uni.

to continue with the topic, i had 2 mates in an integra DC2 type r, was doing 90 down wanneroo road last night just cruising noone else on the road then bang a hwy patrol car comes out of nowhere and pulls me over, i had to ask what it was for lol and 'just a random stop mate, oh you were going a little fast', they took down the details of everyone in the car and just drove off.

Why am I never home when the good stuff happens...impunity FTW

Come on Mr Keets, there's no speed traps in down town Kahama or Nzega.

But yeah, always miss the good stuff at home. Hopefully this dispute will drag on for the rest of my life.

My mate told me he saw a wrx pulled over being searched so no doubt you could still be caught if you do stupid enough stuff
Yeah i saw a matte black commo pulled over with the bonnet up.

some cops will still fine you.

Went through a booze bus at about 7:30pm last night, cop at the back radioed ahead for them to "check out the skyline". Drove up to the front of the line, did the test then the cop walked around the car checking the tyres. Didn't come back to the window for a bit, then came up & told me to park it up on the grass off the road. Got my license & walked away, then about 3 cops come around my car & the chick one told me to turn it off & pop the bonnet. Did that & they all stick their torches in looking everywhere, then one of them walked away to go get a boss of theirs.

Comes up straight away pointing out what everything is & has a look around, then asks me to get out of the car. He asked why my front bar wasn't reinforced & that it sounded hollow, so then I started tapping on the reinforcement bar & told him that's where it is. The hollow sound would be maybe cos it's fibreglass?? ;) Also heard the same chick mention my front tyres seemed a bit low. Problem is they are about 2 months old & in great condition. Massive fail for her.

Then moved onto the engine bay & pointed out a couple of loose wires that aren't connected which is fair enough but all I have to do is unclip them so that wasn't a drama, then he asked me about my permits. Gave him those, my engineering certificate & another DPI paper I have & they go over them. At this point I was thinking oh f**king great, sticker #3 on the way for doing nothing wrong, then he said "Finally, someone who has done everything properly". He then explained to the recruits that "cars like this need these" (permits), and that's what they looked like.

Didn't get a yellow sticker which saved me having to probably start abusing them & tell them to shove their pay rise up their arse if that's the way they are going to treat people. Seems I was used as a learning experience for the new recruits :)

Went through a booze bus at about 7:30pm last night, cop at the back radioed ahead for them to "check out the skyline". Drove up to the front of the line, did the test then the cop walked around the car checking the tyres. Didn't come back to the window for a bit, then came up & told me to park it up on the grass off the road. Got my license & walked away, then about 3 cops come around my car & the chick one told me to turn it off & pop the bonnet. Did that & they all stick their torches in looking everywhere, then one of them walked away to go get a boss of theirs.

Comes up straight away pointing out what everything is & has a look around, then asks me to get out of the car. He asked why my front bar wasn't reinforced & that it sounded hollow, so then I started tapping on the reinforcement bar & told him that's where it is. The hollow sound would be maybe cos it's fibreglass?? ;) Also heard the same chick mention my front tyres seemed a bit low. Problem is they are about 2 months old & in great condition. Massive fail for her.

Then moved onto the engine bay & pointed out a couple of loose wires that aren't connected which is fair enough but all I have to do is unclip them so that wasn't a drama, then he asked me about my permits. Gave him those, my engineering certificate & another DPI paper I have & they go over them. At this point I was thinking oh f**king great, sticker #3 on the way for doing nothing wrong, then he said "Finally, someone who has done everything properly". He then explained to the recruits that "cars like this need these" (permits), and that's what they looked like.

Didn't get a yellow sticker which saved me having to probably start abusing them & tell them to shove their pay rise up their arse if that's the way they are going to treat people. Seems I was used as a learning experience for the new recruits :)

Good stuff mate, glad to hear they actually took notice of the engineering report and permits.

Any chance you can wright a "how to" on getting your car engineered with mods like high mounts? Everything you had to do etc

Cheers

last time the cops had a 'no-fines' day/week, i was driving back to perth from down south, over taking a truck doing about 30 over the limit...

Instead of a fine, i got a yellow sticker... wasn't driving my skyline, but an old heap of shit. I knew everything that was wrong with it, but they stickered me for stupid things like 'no water in windscreen washer bottle' (i ran out about 20km back).. and 'power steering leak' when it was just a hose clamp that i could have done up on the side of the road... i forget the 3rd thing, but it was pretty rediculous.

What they didn't find:

rooted bushes all thru the front end

shockies at all 4 corners were not doing a damn thing

rooted engine and gearbox mounts

Busted CV boot

a few other incidental things

meant i had the motivation to fix what needed fixing.

Come on Mr Keets, there's no speed traps in down town Kahama or Nzega.

But yeah, always miss the good stuff at home. Hopefully this dispute will drag on for the rest of my life.

Kahama! pfft I'm happy if roads are actually there..and as for Nzega....arrhhh Nzega land of contrasts, T junction to modern Shinyanga and the bee captial of Tanzania, Tabora, a wonderland of soda shops and salmonella....how do you know of such things? lol. But I digress. they could use a speed camera or two over here. They have no car control...or clue