SAU Community

Group Purchase Gounding Kit

was told mrs @ home got delivery of a box from NSW... that'll be my grounding kit I suppose... :)

can't wait to get my hands dirty this weekend... shouldn't be too hard to install?

except the transmission point though, I'm not so sure about that... I heard it can be tricky.

wow. that was fast!

shouldn't be too hard for you to install, ive done mine last nite, shouldnt be any problems for you guys. haha

just to make sure u swap the connection the other way around for wire 2 and wire 8.

sxexcx's instruction:

Wire #2 suppose to connect to the battery

Wire #8 suppose to connect to the Grounding point on the Brakes compartment.

JDM install:

Wire #2 connect to the grounding point on the brakes compartment

Wire #8 connect to the battery

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean swapping wire #2 & #8 physically, or just swap the way they're connected? ie. Wire #2 & #8 same length?

it doesn't really matter, both will work fine, the length of the wire 2 and wire 8 is similar

got mine installed today!

bloody postman didn't leave the card in our mail box, ended up up chasing fox and get the registerd nos to get info from aust post then found out it was sitting at post office n waiting collection!

tnx foxxx!

i've replaced bolt where wire 1,2,3 & 4 connected, i think bolt was too short couldn't tighten the bolt!

do we really need to reset the ECU?

hm didn't think of that the bolt will be too short...

what did you replace it with?

the guy who made it should have put thinner end terminals... or maybe since it's for USDM, should the bolt from the opposite side of the plenum is longer?

hm didn't think of that the bolt will be too short...

what did you replace it with?

the guy who made it should have put thinner end terminals... or maybe since it's for USDM, should the bolt from the opposite side of the plenum is longer?

I was installing plenum spacer at that time so I have some spare bolts, actualy I used the spare bolt to replace the one that mounts the stock intake and used the bolt from stock intake to side of plenum that mounts the bracket that holds the main wire loom (where the four grounding wire were connected).

I f###D up!

I have broken one of the bolt supply with the plenum spacer... toooo much torque! bloody torque wrench!

no worries ed,

yea. i couldnt tighen the bolt for wire 1234 too. i ended up using the 2 bolts from the engine cover,

the bolt from the opposite side of the plenum is longer, but ull have 3 wires there wif ur intake holder so i don't think u can swap wif that one, the best u can do is swap wif the engine cover ones.

you don't need a Torque wrench. as you don't really need to tighten it. Just like half a turn just enough. It need to be really light or you'll strip the Aluminium plenum threads.

do you need a torque wrench to install this ground kit? as those are the plenum spacer bolt it's attaching to

rianto, none of the grounding kit wires will be connected to the bolt of plenum spacer!

most of those grounding wires will be connected to the stock grounding!

if one of he bolt is a bit shorter & couldn't be tighten you can get a replacement bolt from repco...

rianto, none of the grounding kit wires will be connected to the bolt of plenum spacer!

most of those grounding wires will be connected to the stock grounding!

if one of he bolt is a bit shorter & couldn't be tighten you can get a replacement bolt from repco...

thanks for the info. may not have time to install it tomorrow as my mrs just gave birth to our little baby boy less than 2 hours ago!

Hey Fox, thanks for organising the Group Buy once again. I installed mine yesterday, noticeable difference in the shifting. I didn't have to change any bolts, the wires all went in perfectly. I had a lot of trouble getting to the Transmission bolt though, well got it out easy enough, but had trouble putting it back in!

rs73, Grats on the baby boy mate! :P