SAU Community

Group Purchase Gounding Kit

hey guys installed mine today

ive got a 6mt so i dont know if any difference yet as i havent even driven the car.

the install was very easy and straight forward. took about 45min all up.

if i were you swap the wires 2 and 8 around as the wire for 8 is a bit longer and will get to the grounding point a bit easier, and 2 is a bit shorter it goes to the battery, and will look a bit neater.

also when you install put all your terminals the right way up, makes it a bit neater and better contact. The wire should be up the top and the terminal flat on the bottom,

Edited by BLISTC

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought this kit with some hesitation as there was no guarantee as how it would fit a 300GT with VQ30DD.

I can now say that I am glad I bought it!!

It did come in handy that I have a 1m cable from another grounding kit available to me though.

I needed it to connect to the battery terminal, replacing wire #2 in the instructions.

Other then that, the front timing cover ground point in step 9 is further away from the plenum side grounding point in step 5 so I just swapped cable lengths around and I ended up with wire #4 unused.

I couldn't find any grounding point bolted to the inner fender wall as describled in step 14 so I looped it back to the -ve battery terminal.

Cable length down to the 5 sp auto tranny is fine. I did not reset the ECU. All bolt lengths are fine, I only changed the bolt at the -ve terminal to a longer one.

The car certainly felt more responsive and 'ready to go' when you accelerate from stand still.

The gear changes are more efficient (earlier) ... semi auto gear changes no longer have that horrible delay.

I did not tell my wife anything as I wanted to see if she would feel any difference herself when she took the car to work yesterday.

She came back and asked me what I did with the car as she was feeling that the car was pulling harder and quicker. hehee ..

Edited by nissan rules

sorry for the crappy pics but here is mine installed from last week:

engine cover on:

3700620329_789a89f562.jpg

engine cover off: (you can also see the motordyne plenum spacer installed in this pic)

3701426654_e20836b4d3.jpg

also installed the key hole delete on the drivers side.... much cleaner look!

3700617625_f3b252c342.jpg

Edited by BLISTC

Kit received today.

once again, thanks for all your efforts in organizing this group buy Fox.

Its much appreciated.

Ur welcome!

and very sorry to MILLOS and Will Power

I couldnt send the kits out 2day bcoz i've been sick for few days. sorry sorry!

ill do it on monday for sure!

Bought this kit with some hesitation as there was no guarantee as how it would fit a 300GT with VQ30DD.

I can now say that I am glad I bought it!!

It did come in handy that I have a 1m cable from another grounding kit available to me though.

I needed it to connect to the battery terminal, replacing wire #2 in the instructions.

Other then that, the front timing cover ground point in step 9 is further away from the plenum side grounding point in step 5 so I just swapped cable lengths around and I ended up with wire #4 unused.

I couldn't find any grounding point bolted to the inner fender wall as describled in step 14 so I looped it back to the -ve battery terminal.

Cable length down to the 5 sp auto tranny is fine. I did not reset the ECU. All bolt lengths are fine, I only changed the bolt at the -ve terminal to a longer one.

The car certainly felt more responsive and 'ready to go' when you accelerate from stand still.

The gear changes are more efficient (earlier) ... semi auto gear changes no longer have that horrible delay.

I did not tell my wife anything as I wanted to see if she would feel any difference herself when she took the car to work yesterday.

She came back and asked me what I did with the car as she was feeling that the car was pulling harder and quicker. hehee ..

glad that it fits!

post up some pics if u can.

Finally managed to get mine and put it on, ended up putting it half on in the dark...

Went for a drive and first impressions are good, VDC seems to improved which is what I was secretly hoping. When going from first to second in a manual flat out with VDC on, as you put it into second it usually feels like you've hit the brakes but it's more mild now, the power comes on quicker after VDC has done it's thing. So hopefully in the wet when accelerating from a standstill it will be improved too, will see how it goes when it rains.

Sort of felt like there was a little bit more go and responsiveness but it could also be a placebo like effect, should become obvious with a bit more driving.

Oh and some of those bolts for stock earthing points on the car are quite soft, don't give them too much torque :down:

Sorry mate, I know I'm being a bother. I'm still alive and kickin', but will only be back in Melbourne on Thursday. Actually I think you can post it anytime now, I now have enough time to pick it up from the post office without fear of them returning to sender!

Edited by siglapian

Sorry mate, I know I'm being a bother. I'm still alive and kickin', but will only be back in Melbourne on Thursday. Actually I think you can post it anytime now, I can always pick it up from the post office!

It's ok mate, i can post it out for you on wed.

i installed a home made jobbie on my M35 today, made a fairly large difference IMO. its nice and smooth, idles well and maybe, only MAYBE, shifts gears faster. im driving down the coast tonight so we will sew how true that is.

not bad for $20 worth of parts, and i didnt even do the gearbox, just the block and manifold. i might ground out the chassis and rough up the factory ground points so it makes better contact

I bought a generic grounding kit from HK (well, bought it 3 years ago for about $50 AUD) and it comprised of 5 cables, but reading this thread, it seems that I am missing 3!!! (in order to be just as good as the US kit)...

I have wired up mine a bit differently though....And I'll take a few pics to show you (after tomorrow's VIC Meet). The only cable I think is an 'essential' is the tranny one, so I am gonna find another wire to do it.