SAU Community

The Time Has Come

Hi all.

After many years of drool'n over 32 gtr's and wish/wanting to buy one, the time has come.

I recently brought a house and at the same time got some extra coin on top of my house loan for my dreamer.

ive had skylines b4 while on my [p] i got a r31 with cam,headwork,zorst,extrators which made 120rwkw, and a r33 gts type s but now is my chance to buy the one ive wanted since i was a lil boy.

My question is

What to look for?

Where do i look for probelms?

what Year mod should i look for?

What year mods are the aussie delivered ones? and whats the benifit of a aussie one. (if there was any)

What are the main prob area's with them. eg rust

Ive looked on carsale and i found one last week, which had a full rebuild full forged with high flow garrets and it made 236awkw on 21psi. Now in my mind somthing is up with that 21psi 236kw.... ;)

things like this ^^^ is wat im askin, i dont wanner buy somthing that has been bodged up.

Also im looking for somthing Mint, i have a brand new D40 navara which is my dailie and this gtr will just sit in my garage ready to be drivin on weekends, put it this way the one i buy i never want to sell.

i have around 20k to spend

thanks heaps for alll replys and sorry its so long to read :)

cheers Deano

Hi all.

After many years of drool'n over 32 gtr's and wish/wanting to buy one, the time has come.

I recently brought a house and at the same time got some extra coin on top of my house loan for my dreamer.

ive had skylines b4 while on my [p] i got a r31 with cam,headwork,zorst,extrators which made 120rwkw, and a r33 gts type s but now is my chance to buy the one ive wanted since i was a lil boy.

My question is

What to look for?

Where do i look for probelms?

what Year mod should i look for?

What year mods are the aussie delivered ones? and whats the benifit of a aussie one. (if there was any)

What are the main prob area's with them. eg rust

Ive looked on carsale and i found one last week, which had a full rebuild full forged with high flow garrets and it made 236awkw on 21psi. Now in my mind somthing is up with that 21psi 236kw.... :D

things like this ^^^ is wat im askin, i dont wanner buy somthing that has been bodged up.

Also im looking for somthing Mint, i have a brand new D40 navara which is my dailie and this gtr will just sit in my garage ready to be drivin on weekends, put it this way the one i buy i never want to sell.

i have around 20k to spend

thanks heaps for alll replys and sorry its so long to read :D

cheers Deano

Aussie ones are very rare.... it will be hard for you to get your hands on one. IMports should be quite common.

bodged up?.... well for a performance car like that, especially an old one like R32... its not always easy to find one unmodified, untampered & unmolestered....

i was sure one of the dealer guys on here had one sitting in the window display of an R32 and something about always garaged inside or in the showroom and genuine facytory odo 20,000km.

and im sure it wasnt 20,000$