SAU Community

ok a 100k service question

Jimbo2000

U guys might wanna consider changing da idle bearing and tensioner when da timing belt gets done cause u'd onli have to pay 4 labour once.....and its pretti important them to things get done....or u will b payin heapz for a rebuild if them things fail....

Got to agree with you there - as far as I'm concerned and for the cost of NSK bearings you should do the idler/tensioner bearings at 100000k's.

Don't forget guys that not all skylines have genuine k's on them - whenever I buy a car with rubber timing belt/s I change them straight away. You know what you've got then and no surprises.

I'm glad I do all this myself as I'm pretty blown away at the quoted prices!

Cheers

• 2 months later...

My 94 R33 S1 GTS-T is coming up to 100K. Asked a few shops around SE Melbourne and they quoted me between 450-480 to do:

- oil (using castrol magnatec?!)

- filter

- timing belt

- spark plugs

I might ask other places for a price including:

- Coolant System Air Purge

- Fuel Filter

- Brake Fluid Flush & Bleed

Are the 3 things above necessary? What do ppl think about the quoted price?

personal i would go and do myself

oil filter

oil change

fuel filter

radiator fluid change (not really flushed, but same way you change the oil)

spark plugs if i knew the right size

the rest id have to try and trust a nissan dealership with

timing belt

brake bleed

power steering flush (do they do that?)

water pump

thermostat

all belts

maybe get some hoses replaced

clutch and gear box fluid

diff oil

have i missed anything??

also what does a nissan dealership do for a 100k service??

power steering flush... they can do them.. but bit fiddly. no need to really.

my GTR is nearly on 95km. i would replace all oils, ALL filters, belts if they need em. any pumps if u need them. if ur doin Tbelt. ill replace all idlers bearings and the weak bitch of an oil pump. that and do a complete fault check. that and Check and adjust tappets if u can on the GTR havent looked at it yet.

• 9 months later...

Hi all!

I need to do 100k service and was wondering if anyone can tell me the pros/cons of getting a genuine nissan timing belt as opposed to a nismo or gates belt??? The price difference is enormous but I don't know if there is an actual physical/mechanical difference...???

Thanx...

nissan gen is a mighty find product that lasts well over 100K, so why pay more for something else that does the same job?

Timing belts dont break from excessive power or rev's... they break due to age/mechanical failure

Edited by simon-ae86

nissan gen is a mighty find product that lasts well over 100K, so why pay more for something else that does the same job?

Timing belts dont break from excessive power or rev's... they break due to age/mechanical failure

I agree... I'm just not sure if there is some sort of benefit in having an aftermarket one??? And why the hell are they so expensive - I can get gen nissan one for $60 but a nismo one is nearly $400 - WTF????? ;)

I would also recomend replacing the tensioner pulley studs aswell, i have heard of a few horror stories of peoples tensioner studs snapping and causing the valves to obviously hit the pistons, would be very pricey to fix so i will be getting mine done on my 90xxxkm service just to be safe.

I would also recomend replacing the tensioner pulley studs aswell, i have heard of a few horror stories of peoples tensioner studs snapping and causing the valves to obviously hit the pistons, would be very pricey to fix so i will be getting mine done on my 90xxxkm service just to be safe.

this on RB engines.?

all the tensioner bolts ive pulled off are quite thick and look rather durable. not sure if RB have springs like toyotas but that tension spring needs looking at. but is part of the T-belt kit that should be replaced at the same time.

water pumps on RB common? keeping ur coolant in check, eg fresh and right type and ratio should keep it spinning longer. :)

this on RB engines.?

all the tensioner bolts ive pulled off are quite thick and look rather durable. not sure if RB have springs like toyotas but that tension spring needs looking at. but is part of the T-belt kit that should be replaced at the same time.

water pumps on RB common? keeping ur coolant in check, eg fresh and right type and ratio should keep it spinning longer. :)

Heres some evidence

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=131579

Its also happened to a few guys on www.skylinesdownunder.com in n.z, so i will be getting mine replaced when i get the cambelt,waterpump and tensioners done just for peice of mind. Would rather spend a few bucks on new studs then having to rebuild my motor.

Ever been down to nissan to buy a genuine fuel filter lately?

Even those aftermarket ones aren't much cheaper.

my RYCO GTR fuel filter cost 40 at trade price.

and my RYCO S14a fuel filter cost 14 at trade price.

they dont look much different.? :wave:

Heres some evidence

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=131579

Its also happened to a few guys on www.skylinesdownunder.com in n.z, so i will be getting mine replaced when i get the cambelt,waterpump and tensioners done just for peice of mind. Would rather spend a few bucks on new studs then having to rebuild my motor.

hey buddy. wernt calling u a lier. but thanks for digging that up. was interesting. and i think ill change mine every so often too. :wave:

have a good one.

mark

• 5 years later...

so i know this topic is old but ill figure i should ask in here rather then making a new thred....if anyone is still watching this one :/

so i took my r33 in to Xspeed in perth for a 100k service a while back and only had a budget of $1k .

their shop is constantly full of lines so safe to say they know what their doing (however rather expensive)

so the invoice i got back said the water pump was changed,

timing belt kit (the guy said that i still need a few belts done)

nissan oem coolant

and labour

i now have a list of things i need to work through, the most important of wich are:

--fan belts all u/s - require replacement but did not do due to budget constraints

--rocker cover gaskets leaking

--coolant condition poor- this one is interesting as the guy said my radiator needs to be sent away and cleaned as alot of the cooling tubes were cloged or something?

--and exhaust manifold missing 1 stud - he also said it needs to be taken off and machined flat again before putting in new studs...

now my issue is i dont know which one to do first?

does anyone have an oppinion on this or knowledge as to whats more important?

OR if any of these i can do myself with little danger of too much damage (not to experienced but always keen to give it a shot :P)

cheers if ur still reading hahah :D

• 1 year later...