SAU Community

What Rims?

So in the next month i am looking at buying another set of rims for my 33 gtst to replace the heavy 'hunk of shit' spec ROH wheels that came on it.

The current wheels/hunks of shit are 18inch which i think fill the gaurds nicely so i am pretty keen to stay with that diameter and go with maybe 8.5 - 9 inch in width. Will stagger widths if needed but im unsure of what offset with look aggressive. Im sure most of you will tell me soon enough what works tho.

I will be rolling the gaurds to accomidate a tough offset so let me know what you guys have fit in your 33 gtst gaurds with rolling but no flaring.

See below for an indication of what style/look of rim i am into. obviously there is a big price range between the rims in the pics but it is an indication so u know what look i am after.

so, simialar to any of these and lightweight is what im after. post up prices if u know them and the dealers. im in hobart so rather limited.

Untitled.jpg

tyre choice will be very important to help recommending an offset.

for rears to my knowledge from my own research but not experience

18x9.5+30 with a 245 unsure of profile this is what joeyjoejoejeojeojeoejoejoejoejoejoe i think is running on the rear this is a good balance of good fitment and nice stance

18x9.5+18 i think is possible if your willing to run like 215 or 225 tyre someone on here is running this width on the rear the tyre should tuck back into the guards but i'm not 100% with this

hopefully this gives you a better idea until someone with better knowledge that can guide you

The koya driftek looks insane.

Though you can have a look into enkei rims. I got some on my 33, their Rp01's. went for 17's with 235 width tyres all round.

Lightweight but strong rims.

If not, i'd take those dirftek ones

post-61560-1244962098_thumb.jpg

The koya driftek looks insane.

Though you can have a look into enkei rims. I got some on my 33, their Rp01's. went for 17's with 235 width tyres all round.

Lightweight but strong rims.

If not, i'd take those dirftek ones

Yer the driftek is a tough looking rim. i think they may only come in up to 17 inch though. at this stage i would still like to stick with 18s.

tyre choice will be very important to help recommending an offset.

Im quiet happy to stretch some narrower tires over a 9 inch wide wheel lol.

Obviously car wont be at standard ride height though, so i dont know if ill get 9.5s in there

cant go wrong with volk te37's good luck finding original time attacks

yer they dont need to be time attacks, i will most likely get my rims powdercoated black if the rim i choose does not come in black.

just used the time attack pic cause they was black :dry:

EDIT: any one brought a set of 'SSR typeC' lately?? whats the cost on those puppies?

Edited by tm_r33

a great man once told me when it comes to rims the bigger the better and when it comes to dish there better be alot of it!

That great man obviously is a moron and doesnt konw what he's on about.

yes definatley no bigger than 18 inch and im not really after a deep dish rim. my car is a street car that will see maybe one or two track days a year. not a show car so therefore big shiny heavy dish wheels = fail

drifteks are avail in 18's :D

also that ammount of dish is less than 10kg a corner :(

i was told by the wheel shop i spoke to that they only came up to 17. ??

they gave me a price today for $350 a rim. that was for 17x9 at 35offset i think.

18x9 at 30 would be great. im after all black.