SAU Community

Front Lip For A S1 R33 Type M Front Bar

had an idea the other day that would be an easy fix for my majorly scraped front bar (damn supercheap carpark :P )

some sort of matte black front lip! do they actually exist tho? iv had a search but yeah, found zilch. i know they made a special extra front peice for the S2 that went onto the front, that was kinda cool. but yeah, something like taht for an S1, or even a GTR style lip...

if anyone is interested or knows where you could get one fabricated, post here!

i have been looking for one for a year now. Hasemi Sport make one over in japland. i found out on the cruise on the weekend, that topstage over here also do one. the topstage one is awesome but a bit too chunky for my liking. was also told that an integra front lip fits if stretched slightly at the sides, or an early model 180sx or s13 lip flipped upside down. dunno bout thises last two tho. havent checked it out

thats the one GODZLR. same one i want.

this is the topstage one (Babia on the forums):

DSC_0269.jpg

no idea bout the integra bar. ask funkymonkey. he told me that it fits with slight mods

yeah i dont mind that one, it would depend on the car tho. on that, with the vented bonnet and big open front mount, it works. wouldnt be to everyones taste tho, but yeah. like that it doesnt have the angled bits on the sides that the hasemi one has tho.

i couldnt find it on topstage's website tho :)

• 4 weeks later...

krishy on these forums has another very subtle lip on his that i really like/want!! i asked him one time but cant remember what he said haha

pic

th_DSCF0127.jpgth_DSCF0129.jpg

but yeh im after one as well

hasemi is very nice, topstage is a little too chubby and exaggerated for me.

bones, heres a s1 lip for ya :P

http://www.carmate.com/product_details.php...ctid=NSGTS95TFL

krishy on these forums has another very subtle lip on his that i really like/want!! i asked him one time but cant remember what he said haha

that carmate one looks the goods. i want something like that but for the type m bar. but your mate's one looks to be plastic (by all the paint loss but no cracking). if only we could combine the two

pic

th_DSCF0127.jpgth_DSCF0129.jpg

but yeh im after one as well

hasemi is very nice, topstage is a little too chubby and exaggerated for me.

bones, heres a s1 lip for ya :P

http://www.carmate.com/product_details.php...ctid=NSGTS95TFL

Thanks for the rep marko.....i would love to be able to tell everyone where i got mine from but it came on my car when imported from Japland.....I am going for a whole new kit soon so this will most likely be up for grabs....everyone that has seen the car has asked me where to get one from and i frankly dont have a clue.....looks wicked though

i'ld love a lower lip too, my old series 2 front bar had that nismo lower lip/chin but i didnt realy like it, then one day some one reversed into me abit crakin the bar so i told the panel beater to take it off.

i'ld love something in black, something like the r33 gtr but not as low.....

something like the carbon fibre one on the r34 tr vspecs would be hot !

had another idea of just painting the bottom part of the front bar in a matte/satin black. to give i guess a "false lip" advantages are that its quick and easy to just mask it off and spray, doesnt make the front any lower than it already was and if it gets scratched its easily fixed (just spray over it again, no need to colour matching!)

only disadvantage would obviously be once youv done it theres no turning back.

there is a white R33 getting around town here, same M-Spec bar, but has the middle part of it painted black (the part the sits infront of the radiator) looks quite neat, but dont think it would sit well on a grey car...

there's a plastic moulding buisness just 5 min walk from me. i went in today and although they dont usually do automotive bits, but in the next couple of weeks i'll take some of these pics in and have a chat to the guys. of course an actual lip to make copies of would be easier...

provided they have access to the front of your car to get measurements etc, it shouldnt be that much of a prob. hopefully they can conjure something up tho!