SAU Community

Car Crushing To Go Ahead

Rocky88

i know many people that have/had spring loaded number plate mechanisms installed on their cars... one certain south australian drifting legend who shall remain nameless (some of you may know who im talking about) has been in at least 20 police chases and never got caught or tracked down... also at night turning off lights might do a trick too if cops haven't spotted your plates yet, or not driving with plates on at all when doing stupid shit... stupid - yes, but people will do it... the way i see new laws punishment for doing burnouts is almost as harsh as for police chase, so most people wont have much to lose once they are already chased by cops. and as last resort people could still hide car and report it stolen... do you think people wont do it?? some people almost value their cars more than their life, as it has already been said on one interview with self confested hoon in newspaper

and if they value their cars more than their life, then imho, good f**king riddance man

thats darwinism at work right there folks, the stupid ones die and are eliminated from the gene pool so that the species as a whole might evolve.

besides, james bond would never come to adelaide because he'd get defected in his aston martin. your flipping numberplate analogy is invalid.

-D

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know many people that have/had spring loaded number plate mechanisms installed on their cars... one certain south australian drifting legend who shall remain nameless (some of you may know who im talking about) has been in at least 20 police chases and never got caught or tracked down... also at night turning off lights might do a trick too if cops haven't spotted your plates yet, or not driving with plates on at all when doing stupid shit... stupid - yes, but people will do it... the way i see new laws punishment for doing burnouts is almost as harsh as for police chase, so most people wont have much to lose once they are already chased by cops. and as last resort people could still hide car and report it stolen... do you think people wont do it?? some people almost value their cars more than their life, as it has already been said on one interview with self confested hoon in newspaper

A life isn't much to lose? :down:

Good luck to them.

Dear government:

Crush all those bloody oversized 4x4s driven by idiot soccer mums who don't know jack all about road rules plz!

& sell the nice imports & V8s off at a cheap price so I can buy it off you.

Yours faithfully

1/2 brainwashed person.

I think what needs to happen is to introduce a road safety lesson into our schools and raise the age of the p platers. The maturity levels just are not there at 16 and half. I got my p's later due to this reason i knew i wouldnt have the mature mind and would probaly kill myself for doing something stupid. As we all know we think we are invinsible when we are young and think nothing will happen to us until something actully does and general that is the time when its too late.

I think Drive training like advance driving courses would be great idea aswell. I mean from the looks of it 40 hours of day time driving and 10 hours of night time driving really seems to be working.

lol my mate had his impounded the other day, what is it, 3 strikes?

is it bayside blue 34gtr? the guy that does skids around windy point sometimes?

that sucks, is he losing it permanently now?

is it bayside blue 34gtr? the guy that does skids around windy point sometimes?

that sucks, is he losing it permanently now?

sounds like him, it's only his first one, so it was only a week.

car crushing is a stupid idea. waste of resources.

and giving the power to the police is simply retarded. another step backwards into becoming a police state.

Edited by scandyflick

car crushing is a stupid idea. waste of resources.

and giving the power to the police is simply retarded. another step backwards into becoming a police state.

I don't want SA to become a police state either, but when there are tools out there giving them reasons to introduce punishment like this, what else can ya do? These fools are giving them a reason to consider it.

If the offenders are not learning their lesson, of course the punishment will increase in severity until the lesson sinks into their thick skulls. Its working already, just talking about it. The fear is being put into you. Maybe some drivers need to learn was fear is again.

:P

Edited by RubyRS4

I don't want SA to become a police state either, but when there are tools out there giving them reasons to introduce punishment like this, what else can ya do? These fools are giving them a reason to consider it.

If the offenders are not learning their lesson, of course the punishment will increase in severity until the lesson sinks into their thick skulls. Its working already, just talking about it. The fear is being put into you. Maybe some drivers need to learn was fear is again.

:P

wtf? i swear you must be one of the old whingers that writes in to local rag.....

"hooning" IS NOT AN ISSUE!!! once people get that through there head we can move on. just because a few twats a year in high performance cars stack it doesnt mean there is an epidemic. its like the bloody swine flu issue, over 3000 people per year die from standard influenza, and only 100 or so have died to date from this "pig flu"..... its all media hype.

i think the police should be more worried about themselves (killing people with tasers), and the government should be more concerned with there own laws (that black kid who stabbed someone, then chased them down again with a studded belt around there fist only got a 4 month suspensed f**king sentance! ive got mates who have got in bar brawls and because they where born here get 6 months hard time).

this state is f**ked.

:banana:

100% correct

I cant see why people are so against this car crushing idea. If your not a hoon you have nothing to worry about :P

100% correct

I cant see why people are so against this car crushing idea. If your not a hoon you have nothing to worry about :rofl2:

Thats right, however what I'm agaisnt is the "discretion" clause. Having said that, as far as I know there is nothing concrete yet, as they still need to review the expert recommendations I think.

The discretion part is bullshit alright and imo many valid points have been made in this thread, but I don't think crushing is the answer nor do I think a drag strip or driver training will solve the issue either.

Hoon drivers will always be a part of society so long as there are cars/bikes on the road. Whether these cars/bikes are high powered imports or V8's doesn't make squat of a difference. The whole issue is also dependent on how you define 'hoon' and this is where we come back to the biggest problem, that being the police having the discretion to decide or define it for themselves.

The answer in my opinion is harsher penalties and maybe they need to make scapegoats of a few so that like Ruby mentioned it sinks into their thick skulls by fear.

wtf? i swear you must be one of the old whingers that writes in to local rag.....

"hooning" IS NOT AN ISSUE!!! once people get that through there head we can move on. just because a few twats a year in high performance cars stack it doesnt mean there is an epidemic. its like the bloody swine flu issue, over 3000 people per year die from standard influenza, and only 100 or so have died to date from this "pig flu"..... its all media hype.

i think the police should be more worried about themselves (killing people with tasers), and the government should be more concerned with there own laws (that black kid who stabbed someone, then chased them down again with a studded belt around there fist only got a 4 month suspensed f**king sentance! ive got mates who have got in bar brawls and because they where born here get 6 months hard time).

this state is f**ked.

I must agree.

Do people see fully sick racing cars around Adelaide ? I don't, Maybe I'm missing something. Its all HYPED up bullshit.

I don't see people drifting around corners all day long ? The media wants us to believe this is some new f**kin thing.

Get a grip and make up YOUR OWN mind. Stop being fed crap from the papers.

I'm pretty pissed of TBH. This isnt the only media stunt that shits me.

Some people need to really wake up. ALOT more people die from suicide , cigarettes, drink driving etc etc etc. List goes on and on. This now famous word hoon is just the flavour of the month in the media's eye.

There's no doubt at all that it's been hyped up by the media and it's not really the issue they would have us believe, but I don't think this discussion is solely based around hooning but instead car crushing and police discretion.

this state is f**ked.

Are you for real? Hooning is an issue. What rock have you been hiding under? How long you been driving Ryhs? Not long enough to know any better obviously. It is becoming an increasing problem. Its not just the recorded deaths ... its also the other casualties/injuries that don't hit the media. And the stories that are getting air time on the news are getting more and more horrific. You hear about car crashes in the country where the cars are sometimes torn in half. Now we've got cars being ripped into pieces in the city!!! ... as a result of drag racing!!! Wake up boy.

Oh, and the police are killing people with tazers now? Is that a proven "epidemic" you want to bring to our attention? :rofl2:

Nice of you to craft your argument to have no substance and mean absolutely nothing yet again. :D Get some facts before belting your keyboard. Love how you craft your agrument that the media is blowing the swine flu out of proportion ... yet you'll use the same media to whinge about a "black kid" in a street brawl. Stay on topic.

Don't want your car crushed ... don't hoon.

Don't like this state ... get out.

hooning is not an issue... hooning is not even a real word. i would maybe consider it an issue if like more than 2 people died from street racing this year, but they didn't. it's just a bullshit media hype used to distract people from all the actual news like rudd giving away money to his mates... and then there's at least several new pedophiles and rapists in news each day... and people dont even care cause they spend whole days whinging about hoons. why is noone trying to fix this issue by some equally weird punisment ie crushing their testicles??

Edited by Rocky88