SAU Community

Winton - Sat 18 July

Bec

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually a stock bonnet on an S13 should be fine as it already incorporates two types of latches, but depends who the scrutineer is. I've not had an issue with my 180 or Clubbie in the past.

Clear contact is for glass, not plastic as far as I'm aware. And as for fluid reservoirs I'm not sure. I haven't run covers in the past, but that was a while ago. Clubbie didn't have any at HH earlier in the year and was not an issue.

Having said that, it's best to have as much checked off the list as possible, just in case.

180 is alive! See you there guys... :/

Good to hear! hope it's a trouble free day for you.

I wish I was coming to winton...

Hmm I think the S13's headlights are glass (projectors)

Can anyone elaborate on needing contact on them?

I dunno if I'll have time to get any between now and tomorrow.

silvia headlights are glass, i'm fairly sure you can use duct tape also...

Hmm I think the S13's headlights are glass (projectors)

Can anyone elaborate on needing contact on them?

I dunno if I'll have time to get any between now and tomorrow.

I just use tape. They didn't like it but they've accepted it every time for me.

Dane! Finally!

or go for the stealth look and tape the whole lot up black :down:

that's my plan.

remember Dan if you have hassles talk to the rest of us on the day and we can prob help out.

Game, set and match. Who said you need a GTR to do quick lap times. I dotn feel like a crazed idiot anymore... :P

It took a few years but the rwd boys are now getting a few bolt ons sorted and doing the business :P

What a weapon big red is, Off the trailer 1:33 too! Dollar for dollar would be interesting vs a gtr, but good to see the rwd flag being flown very high this weekend :)

Top weekend with a nice rain free day to get some laps down, my first look at winton.

equally impressive was the historic datsun 1600 with an original capacity L16 1600 and some carbies punting around in 1:39's. We're talking all of 70kw's at the wheels i reckon! and ryan cracking out some quick times in his 180.

a very well run day by the rex club, lots of sessions that went smoothly(ish) and no 2 hour lunch break :) looking forward to the next day out

Yeh, been interesting to see someone finally put similar effort and development into a GTSt and at the moment is going quicker them most the GTRs

Was a great day, well done to Justin and the team at the WRX club. A really well run event, so much so that some started to run out of fuel.

A PB for me at 1.35.6 but haven't been up there for two years so I was all over the place. Another second in it at least with some more track time. The next Winton day is on my birthday so hopefully it will be something special.

Nice to see two R35's out on track, and even off the track a couple of times when it looked like brakes started to get a bit tired.

Well done to Adam Newton on a 1.33!, ~400kw and 1340 kg's make for a super quick car, but it needs someone of his caliber to keep it under control and that is no mean feat. Great to watch for the one lap I was able to keep up.

The worst thing about the day was being done by a couple of tenths by an EVO. :)

another great laugh. the sessions moved along really fast this time around.

knocked a heap of time off my pb and battled with a rex all day.

though the day ended with josh and I pushing his 32 on the way home...

oh and the sliding action by the guys in the cool down laps :)

Few pics that katie and I took today..

enjoy

http://picasaweb.google.com/mfsull/Winton09#

winton09%20237.jpg

..........................................................................^^^^^

...................................................He looks serious, lol. ppl at that briefing will get it.

bit of a bugger about the cars in the previous session tho.