SAU Community

Skyline for R/E career?

Hey Guys,

Taking a career change soon. I'm thinking of moving into being a Real Estate sales agent.

Do you think that an R33 GTR would be an appropriate car to take clients around in? I would probably have to keep a fairly quiet exhaust on it.

Does anyone else here work as a Realo? :)

If I saw a Real Estate agent driving round in a R33 GTR, I would be seriouly wondering if I was getting a good deal or not, I would be constantly thinking, he is getting way toooo much money.

Just a thought... The idea is to be selling houses, not to look cool.

Hmm, obviously you havent bought much real estate daveo :D

Every single real estate sales person I personally know drives either a new mercedes or BMW. A lot more expensive than a GTR. (even an r34 GTR)

And the entire point of those cars, from my understanding is to look cool.

I am certainly not looking at buying a GTR to "look cool". You can put a GTR kit on the very common GTS-t and get the same looks for 1/2 of the price.

More to the point, the idea is to buy something that is possibly accomodating to clients. I don't think my highly modified, incredibly loud and scary fast S13 will cut the mustard.. which is why I'm looking at Skylines. Oh, and GTS-t's are not really an option.

Yeah good plan.. its a sellers market at the moment :D

I tend to agree with you. Obviously with presentation and impression being your main factors being a sales person.. having a luxury car can give off the wrong impression.. but so can driving a sh*t box.

I think a Skyline is a good middle ground. Besides, only people who know what a GTR is know how much they cost.. to everybody else its another one of those 'strange skyline import cars' that everyones teenage son has. :)

I am getting a lot of people telling me that these days most people just follow you in their car.

my mum used to be a very succesful real estate agent and first had a sube WRX, then her mazda 323 astina..

I dont think the car really matters, as anyone with money knows that a car doenst mean shit (poor people can lease bmw's too!). Also, she sold and listed more than any of the bmw, merc driving blokes in her office so i dont think it really matters.

Think - if you went to buy a house and the person had a hotted up VS commodore - u may think 'bogan' - but it wouldnt stop you buying the house if they were well presented, well mannered and knew what they were talking about.. and the house was good!

drive what you like!!, my dads in r/e and he drives a two door rav4, a good r/e agent spends more time out meeting people at the address than being a taxi, in the long run you'll see its all about the listings not what you drive!

I was getting into real estate purely so i could get enuf $$ to buy a skyline. Got screwed over so i didnt take the job.

I wouldnt get a GTR though as youd be doing high weekly kms and servicing/parts etc would cost heaps. Thats why 318is are the go. Classy, economical and PRACTICAL.

Just think of the driveways you'd have to negotiate and some of the areas you may have to go to.....