SAU Community

Angel Eyes Headlights - R33

smok74

Hi,

There is a developer I know that is willing to invest and setup the moulds for the long awaited aftermarket Angel-eye style headlights for the series 2 R33 GTS25T Skyline - I have been hounding him for over 3 years now it seems he is willing to come through for us !!!

It is an expensive investment to setup, we need to know there will be enough demand to justify this. That is why Im after the expressions of interest from all R33 owners that are keen so we can decide if it's a 'go ahead' or not.

It is only the series 2 that is currently being developed as it's a much better looking version plus a lot of series 1 owners upgrade to this shape anyways, however, if there is enough demand from GTR owners, we might consider doing the series 1 / GTR version as well.

Please note that it is the entire headlight assemblies we're talking about here and not just some cheap add-on neon-light rings such as the ones commonly seen on Ebay for the R34.

All interested please message me here or email me at [email protected]

Below is a photo of similar headlights for a WRX just to give you an idea how they will look.

Thanks.

post-15295-1247367455_thumb.jpg

Edited by smok74

How much will it cost?

The WRX ones you see in the photos sales for about $350 - $400 a pair, so I cant imagine the Skyline ones being too much more than this. I will however have to confirm on this. Taking into account that a pair of genuine NISSAN series 2 R33 items are about $1200, a pair of aftermarket Angeleyes for $400 is bloody cheap.

Just remember, nothing is definite yet, Im only trying to find out if it's a safe bet investing $15000 in a set of moulds for these lights, no good if nobody wants them. I will keep you up to date.

Thanks

Great, it looks promising, still need more response tho....spread the word guys.

I dunno about you fellas, but personally, I refuse to pay $1500+ for a set of GTR Xenon lights considering theyre no good to me unless I change the bonnet on my series 2 GTS25T, besides, the series 2 has a more aggressive looking shaped lights than the series 1 or the GTR anyways, it'd be like a down-grade in terms of shape and styling going from a series 2 to a GTR. Plus paying $1200 for a set of replacement OEM lights from Nissan is out of the question.

I reckon between $400 to $500 for a pair of complete replacement bolt-in units is a bargain considering the other options available to us.....Its long over dued.....I dont know why nobody else has done it already seeing the number of Skylines on our roads today.....It's so common it's almost like a Japanese Commodore !

Will keep you guys up todate.

Great, it looks promising, still need more response tho....spread the word guys.

I dunno about you fellas, but personally, I refuse to pay $1500+ for a set of GTR Xenon lights considering theyre no good to me unless I change the bonnet on my series 2 GTS25T, besides, the series 2 has a more aggressive looking shaped lights than the series 1 or the GTR anyways, it'd be like a down-grade in terms of shape and styling going from a series 2 to a GTR. Plus paying $1200 for a set of replacement OEM lights from Nissan is out of the question.

I reckon between $400 to $500 for a pair of complete replacement bolt-in units is a bargain considering the other options available to us.....Its long over dued.....I dont know why nobody else has done it already seeing the number of Skylines on our roads today.....It's so common it's almost like a Japanese Commodore !

Will keep you guys up todate.

Mate, I'm not asking for a GTR Xenon lights. I'm asking if what you're offering come with projector or have that option.

Look at that rex photo you've attached and you'll find the centre light has a round globe, thats call a projector. Xenon or HID are just the bulb (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and projector is that globe thingy. What the globe does is focus your light instead of letting it disperse.

Mate, I'm not asking for a GTR Xenon lights. I'm asking if what you're offering come with projector or have that option.

Look at that rex photo you've attached and you'll find the centre light has a round globe, thats call a projector. Xenon or HID are just the bulb (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and projector is that globe thingy. What the globe does is focus your light instead of letting it disperse.

Didnt I say its gonna be similar to the Rexie ones I have pictured above ? Just imagine that exact configuration but in the shape of a series 2 GTS25T version - that's the design Im proposing to him.

For $300-$400 it'll be china special HID's in there anyhow. I just picked up my china special HID for ~$200 :P

I dont expect it to last forever though but if i get 5 years ill be happy for the money spent.

You cant buy Philips (and other brands with decent warranty etc etc) for less than around $800-$1000 if memory servers me correct.