SAU Community

Max Boost For Rb20det With R33 Turbo?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tooo many haters on here.

Rohan, you just need to be smart about it dude. Decent boost controller and/or bleed valve to make sure it doesnt spike. Heat wrapping or turbo bag to protect from the heat of the turbo. Run good oil and fluids, but most importantly make sure you warm up and cool down your car properly.

You are getting towards the limit of your turbo with 1.3 bar, but if you do the small things there is no reason why you should enjoy many happy hours of drifting.

i think i might leave it @ 1 bar with no boost controller, and then hi flow it later and then put the 17psi spring setup in, to keep everyone here happy lol

on 1 bar it bogs sometimes, on 1.1bar it keeps spinning.. which is why i wanted to try it out... i wanna run boost off the gate thus i sold my boost controller...

Can you explain this for us Nismoid?

Boost is just a measure of the resistance of the head, for the shaft to spin quicker on an RB20 there must be less resistance...

I'm no RB20 expert, but what you're saying is the RB20 head flows better than the RB25 head?

If you have 12psi, do you think the turbo is spinning as fast as when its making 17psi?

Nope.

Kyebidz - a turbo beanie is the worst idea one could suggest, right up there with a Bee-r limiter!

Tthe hotter the housing and turbine wheel - the more prone to failure the exhaust wheel is going to be.

If you have 12psi, do you think the turbo is spinning as fast as when its making 17psi?

Nope.

Depends how restrictive the head is?

That was kinda my point.

On the same motor, with the same head, with the same turbo and no change in restriction, then of course 17psi is going to require a faster shaft speed. If you were to port the head without touching the turbo, then you would see the same power with lower boost figures (it's about airflow, not "boost").

Boost is ONLY a measure of head restriction, not a measure of shaft speed. Comparing boost levels on different motors with different heads is pointless when trying to determine shaft speed.

lol johhny its not rohan haha

rohan doesnt have a 32 lol

come to a cruise or pm me your number and you canmeet me! i wanna see how keyboard warrioorrrrrRR you are in person lol

Run it at 18psi :iluvff: I had a series 1 25 turbo and ran it at 18psi for about 8 months and never had an issue with it. Even when I pulled the motor out I had a look at the turbo and it seemed happy.

But, if you cant afford to fix it if it does break, then run 12psi. Be smart about it :D

Kyebidz - a turbo beanie is the worst idea one could suggest, right up there with a Bee-r limiter!

Tthe hotter the housing and turbine wheel - the more prone to failure the exhaust wheel is going to be.

the sarcasm of his post must of been lost on you!

we got a neo turbo on a 20det . been thrashing it for ages on 14 psi . have had it glowing red after a boost round the hills . it seems to love it . it doesnt glow anywhere near as good as the 20 turbo used to . yeah not much piont in runnin any more on a stock ecu . but yeah your already pushin more yeah . good shit man . need more threads with "do ers " and not the hot air brigade

Depends how restrictive the head is?

That was kinda my point.

On the same motor, with the same head, with the same turbo and no change in restriction, then of course 17psi is going to require a faster shaft speed. If you were to port the head without touching the turbo, then you would see the same power with lower boost figures (it's about airflow, not "boost").

Boost is ONLY a measure of head restriction, not a measure of shaft speed. Comparing boost levels on different motors with different heads is pointless when trying to determine shaft speed.

Well generally people say the RB20 head is about 30% down on the 25 head.

12 + 3.6 = 15.6... 1.5-2.5psi off the target still

So i say higher shaft speed.

Well generally people say the RB20 head is about 30% down on the 25 head.

12 + 3.6 = 15.6... 1.5-2.5psi off the target still

So i say higher shaft speed.

So you agree that this statement:

i reckon you can run more boost through a 33 turbs on a rb20 compared to a 25 zebra so im gonna have to disagree with you there buddy :P

is absolute rubbish?

For a while there it seemed like you were trying to tell us that 15psi on an RB20 means higher shaft speed than 15psi on an RB25....

what part of the turbo fails from running high boost on the stock ceramic wheeled turbos?

i've been pushing 1 bar through the stock rb20 turbo for a good 50000ks might turn it up to 1.1-1.15 after reading this thread :P