SAU Community

1992 Bathurst R32 Gtr Skyline

DoriftoTengoku

Hey all

I don't know if this would interest any of you, But i'll do it anyways.

I had a contracted job to do at the Nissan factory in Dandenong early this morning.

Made my way down there, On site at 7:50am on a Saturday morning, What do I see in the display part of the main front office?

This beauty:

post-64700-1247874959_thumb.jpg post-64700-1247875091_thumb.jpg post-64700-1247875160_thumb.jpg post-64700-1247875198_thumb.jpg post-64700-1247875232_thumb.jpg post-64700-1247875291_thumb.jpg

Majority should know of this car; I can just remember that it won the 1992 bathurst? Driven by Skaife and Richards. This was the Skyline that put the V8's out, And became hated by every V8 enthusiast possible yes?

Anywho, It looked fantastic in the flesh; Looked cool too in the front part of the Nissan Head Office, Because if you can see in the pictures, There are small Japanese emblems and ornimants(sp?) around it... Looks traditional Jap.

Got to start her up momentarily and sit in it.. Can't get over how clean and what condition its in.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got to start her up momentarily and sit in it..

Cool....you actually got to sit in and start it.....how did you get the OK for.......... :down: ......is it still there I might have to go and check it out as I'm down in Vic next week.

Im curious to know at what point the V8 super cars started lapping bathurst faster than this R32 was back in 1992. I cant remember which year they shortened the main straight too, so I presume it would have been before that due to them running 300k's down conrod straight.

Im curious to know at what point the V8 super cars started lapping bathurst faster than this R32 was back in 1992. I cant remember which year they shortened the main straight too, so I presume it would have been before that due to them running 300k's down conrod straight.

Well the V8's qualified quicker than it in 1993...so 1993......but it took em until 2001 to really start making a difference in lap times.

As said in Wheels Magazine this year.......If Skaife was to use his 92 Oran Park qualifying time he wold have qualified 5th for the V8 round in 2008(providing there fact were right)....not bad for a car made 16 years earlier.

Well the V8's qualified quicker than it in 1993...so 1993......but it took em until 2001 to really start making a difference in lap times.

As said in Wheels Magazine this year.......If Skaife was to use his 92 Oran Park qualifying time he wold have qualified 5th for the V8 round in 2008(providing there fact were right)....not bad for a car made 16 years earlier.

And the V8 Supercars have nothing to do with the bodies they carry around underneath, plus have more power.

And the V8 Supercars have nothing to do with the bodies they carry around underneath, plus have more power.

Makes you wonder what the old Gibson cars would do with modern tyre technology then, considering the advancements made there in the last 10+ years.

this thing is crazy!

i found this vid of Mark gibbs it in around bathurst, soo fast, watch it eat up the first corner,soo much mid and turn in corner speed, v8 supercar's today have nothing on it.

and i found this on wikipedia about the R32 gtr in general, made me laugh

"The GT-R name was revived in 1989 with the Skyline R32. This car was nicknamed "Godzilla" by the Australian motoring publication "Wheels" in its July 1989 edition, a name that sticks to this day. The R32 GT-R surprisingly dominated the motorsport in Japan, winning a 29 straight victories out of 29 races. The GT-R proceeded to win the JTC Group A series championship 4 years in a row, and also had success in the Australian Touring Car Championship winning from 1990-1992, until the GT-R was outlawed in 1993."

kinda seems suitable

Its very impressive heading down from the top of the mountain to.

So there goes the rest of my evening... watching 92 bathurst footage.

The Johnson vs Scaife battle at the start of the race is great. Its like watching Scaife trying to pressure Johnson into making a mistake. Smat move letting him pass. Less taxing following the guy thats setting the pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMhj22QLH1Y