SAU Community

Where To Buy 18" Ray's Nismo Lmgt4 Centre Caps?

Hi fellas,

I just bought a set of original 18" Nismo LMGT4 black rims. Although they look ok without the centre caps - I prefer them. Does anyone have a set they want to sell or know of a place that sells them. I don't mind something that is after market or even just plain black just to cover up the centre gaps.

I have tried places like J-Imports and they want like $350 for a set of 4 originals which is fair enough, but I just want something to cover up the centre caps and not fuss about looks now as long as they are in black.

Your help would be much appreciated.

PS: A few of my mates suggest just spraying the centre gap area black and it would blend in - anyone done this?

VRcaps.jpgGTC.jpg

R33GTR.RS.JPG

A few things:

Be careful because on some of the Volk rims the flat caps (the ones in the first photo) don't clear the wheel bearing cap on some rims.

It is common to lose the damn things when you kerb hop at the track.

You can get them from Greenline/Nengun etc cheaper.

It may just be easier to neaten up the bearing cap eg paint/anodise it & use a shiney split pin.

A few things:

Be careful because on some of the Volk rims the flat caps (the ones in the first photo) don't clear the wheel bearing cap on some rims.

It is common to lose the damn things when you kerb hop at the track.

You can get them from Greenline/Nengun etc cheaper.

It may just be easier to neaten up the bearing cap eg paint/anodise it & use a shiney split pin.

Hey mate,

Thanks for your reply.

I kinda think having no caps looks kinda tough. What do you mean by: "It may just be easier to neaten up the bearing cap eg paint/anodise it & use a shiney split pin?"

Do you have an example picture or something?

Thanks mate.

Cheers,

Kevin

I dunno, not like I have any idea what I am on about. :)

If you look at the photo you will see my pos. Bearing cover is missing paint, hub is a lovely shade of iron oxide & the open ended nuts are bleeding red where they exposed metal on the studs & then got wet.

So yeah, tough in a adandoned shopping trolley kind of way.

You can remove the bearing cap & paint or anodise that. Then use a shiney new split pin. Also the hub centre can be cleaned up & painted a bit too.

Or just get some caps & stay away from the kerbs & carparks.

post-5134-1248239602_thumb.jpg

Edited by djr81

I dunno, not like I have any idea what I am on about. >_<

If you look at the photo you will see my pos. Bearing cover is missing paint, hub is a lovely shade of iron oxide & the open ended nuts are bleeding red where they exposed metal on the studs & then got wet.

So yeah, tough in a adandoned shopping trolley kind of way.

You can remove the bearing cap & paint or anodise that. Then use a shiney new split pin. Also the hub centre can be cleaned up & painted a bit too.

Or just get some caps & stay away from the kerbs & carparks.

Ha ha ha.... I get ya now bro... :)

I think I will just spray it black and leave it... although I would prefer to have the caps - they're just so blood expensive.

You got any idea where I can get some cheap non-branded caps from?

Cheers,

Kevin

if you have any luck with original ones at a non ridiculous price let me know please, I'm in need of 2 bronze flat style caps.

cheers, tim

Yeah will do - still frantically looking for mine. ;)

Guys try Nengun....or Powereplay imports but they can be expensive.

Im pretty sure nengun have different types such as "Rays" or "Nismo"

Thanks mate... yeah, they would but would be expensive... I just cannot just paying like $400 for 4 centre caps.

This is what your after.....

http://www.nengun.com/rays-engineering/lmgt4-center-caps

Does anyone have a picture of the 'high type' caps? I've got a feeling the flat ones look better!

post-45675-1248353436.jpg

This is spot on what I am after. Thanks mate. $35 each is not that bad...this I can definitely afford.

What do you think looks nicer - those flat ones or the badgey looking ones?

Flush ones do look better but they may not fit. You need to check.

Yeah, that's exactly what I am worried about...I'm not going to pay like $200 for a set of centre caps only to find the damn things don't fit. Can't really ask the seller for a refund just because I wasn't sure in the first place.

I do like the bold ones, but don't know if it would stand out too much.