SAU Community

Cooler Setups That Need No Holes Cut Etc

Im shopping for a mate of mine & hes after a big cooler setup that doesnt have to have massive holes or mods done in order to fit the kit!

Anyone know of any kits other than ARC turnflow & Blitz turnflow kits that are a direct bolton.

Anyone heard about SABER or Monsta cooler kits for chopping holes etc?

Just Jap make a 'stealth' kit for r33/r34 skylines. Ive got one on my R33 Gts-t and it did not require me to cut any holes.

The fitment is really not that great on an r33, and the lower return pipe sits perilously low on my series 2 and the piping/bracketry is a bit of a prick to line up.

That said, if you are handy with the tools it is a MUCH cheaper option than the Blitz/ ARC units and I'll say (amidst a barrage of flame), for most applications will do the job just as well.

I seem to recall that the JustJap kit still requires you to trim the reo to fit - which can void your insurance in an accident or result in a defect (if they catch it).

a mate of mine got done by the hoon squad for cutting his reo. they just made him welded a piece onto the reo basically the same size as what he had cut off so it had the extra reinforcement

a mate of mine got done by the hoon squad for cutting his reo. they just made him welded a piece onto the reo basically the same size as what he had cut off so it had the extra reinforcement

Basically if the Police/RTA catch you and notice the Reo has been cut, they will usually want an engineer to inspect it to verify its structural integrity before you will be able to legally clear the defect.

To avoid cutting ANYTHING, you will probably have to stick with a stock/R34 side mount. That said, the return-flow intercooler kits do cut down ALOT on the 'in your face' modifications (and obvious pipework) that accompany the fitment of a standard intercooler kit.

It may be possible to fit one of the return-flow kits without trimming the reo but it would probably require you to move/remove the air con condenser fan and set the cooler back almost flush with the radiator.

i have a just jap stealth and had to cut two tiny triangles (probaly a few cms long) at each side to make it fit. but i have heard of ppl not having to cut the reo at all.. might b a good option for ya mates. not a bad price either, there are write ups to so u could have a look

i have a china Fmic but didn't want to chop into the side of my engine bay either so I got a piece if 2 1/2" 304 stainless pipe and made my own. just piped it up to the standard intercooler pipework on the inlet, then made a 180 degree turn on the outlet side and run the pipe at the back of my intercooler back to the stock pipework again . works well. anyone tried to fit a BA/BF falcon turbo intercooler to a skyline. they are quite narrow and i think they would fit between the reo

Edited by Pal

Basically if the Police/RTA catch you and notice the Reo has been cut, they will usually want an engineer to inspect it to verify its structural integrity before you will be able to legally clear the defect.

in the case of my mate they just said that he had 2 days to fix it, then he just went up to the local cop station and they cleared it. didn't get fined for it

A good 9-10years ago now I had a custom 90mm FMIC kit fitted that used 2" piping (was only aiming for 200rwkw) where the hot pipe ran between the a/c condenser and the fmic then 180degree'd in to the drivers side of the FMIC.

It went on to make ~300rwkw ~17psi with cams. Prior to cams 276rwkw ~17psi.

At 300rwkw it was definitely a restriction but none the less it was making the power. ~260-270rwkw odd it was fine. No cutting was required = custom but unfortunately = $$.

Edited by SLAPS

Its a tricky one. If your that worried stick to the SMIC.

I tried really hard when fitting my Blitz LM to have the REO cuts as neat as possible. When you look at the REO on its own its pretty obvious:

P9050125Medium.jpg

P9050126Medium.jpg

But after a little file up and a few coats of black paint, when you look at it from under the car you wouldnt even know its been cut at a glance.

P9110129Medium.jpg

I mean clearly you can see its been cut. But when your under the car its cramped up in there etc. So a quick look and its not overly noticeable.