SAU Community

NA Diff Ratio and Turbo Diff Ratio??

NA_R33

Hey all,

Im sure that the two have different ratio's but does neone know what they are and how it will affect my speedo reading. Doing the speed limit at the moment with the new diff and i seem to be overtaking alot of people just got me thinking.

Ne help?

Cheers

John

EDIT: sorry i thought id make it abit clearer, i had the NA diff but broke it now have the turbo diff. Cheers

ummmm, i got Gilmore Developments to do it for, call them talk to Scottie and he will look after u, not sure where he got the parts from, but tell him johnny said ud look after me, and he'll do u a good price.

the factory ratios for a GTS25 are,

4.3:1 manual

3.5:1 Auto

I'm not quite sure about the turbo, but I think they could be 4.1:1 for a manual diff.

If the diff you got is geared higher/lower than factory, the speedo will not read true.

When I had my old auto diff 3.5:1 still in the car after we converted it to manual, the speedo red 80km when we were actually doing 100km road speed.

wow, ok, sorry im very brain dead at the, does that mean if i went from NA to the turbo diff my speedo will read higher or lower than my actualy speed.

Im just really concerned about it as i only have 2 points left on my licence.

The R32 GTS-T, have a diff ratio of 4.3:1 both auto and manual have the same ratio.

For the R32 GTS25 the ratios are,

manual 4.3:1

auto 3.5:1

I don't know about the R32 2L gts.