SAU Community

Recommended Intercooler Size For A T51r Spl Turbo

biggest fkin motor you can fit +biggest fkin turbo you can fit = bigest fkin intercooler you can fit ???

sound fair enough ?

there is one rule that says the core volume should be 1.5 times times the engine capacity

or i can find you the formula that will work out exactly what the size the core should be for your HP but you need to know your airflow , how efficient your turbo is , what the ambient air temp is , and so on .

depends on what the car is going to be used for more than the turbo type. but judging by the size of the turbo I would guess it will be used for drag mostly. in that case a pretty big cooler will be the go. something around 150mm thick, trust, HKS, ARC, they're all good.

i know its not a t51r, but alot of ppl told me i would definatley need to upgrade my cooler, although it is doing a perfect job... i have a t04z making 600rwhp and its a hybrid 600x300x76 LOL... Kev @ Hyperflow was actually amazed when he saw how good it was working.

but yeh 100mm i reckon is plenty, ppl go stupidly big

Depends on how good the cooler is to... U can get a cheap china cooler like mine for $150 measuring 300*600*76 and it might be/most probably be shithouse for any turbo and boost level over 12psi lol but it looks hektik up front.

If you get a well designed cooler measuring the same it will do a better job at cooling the charged air.

I was reading HPI... Don't burn me, but it said a really good cooler that does a really good job at cooling the charged air kills the air flow to ur radiator which in turn takes ur intake temp down, but ur engine runs hotter so it all depends on how serious u r at how much power/life u want to be getting out of ur engine.

I have also heard thicker is better lol... Especially when it comes to intercoolers.

If u have gone to the effort and cost of building a tough RB30E or even more expensive RB30DET don't skimp on parts now. U may aswell get the best out of it.

Call somewhere who makes intercoolers.. Its their business to know and get the best out of their product. Call workshops with import drag cars.