SAU Community

Rb25det Running Temperature

M3ld

Hey all,

I searched but had no luck as I cant get it to work.

Anyway I have a 4 door r33. It has a powerfc with hand controller, Front mount, Greddy style inlet manifold, stock turbo running 11psi, full exhaust blah blah blah. A while ago my engine fan decided to explode through my radiator :/ So I went out and got myself an alloy radiator with a thermo on a temperature switch.

I am after a temperature at which I should set the thermo to kick in and start cooling. Half way on the stock temp gauge is anywhere from 75 up to 90 degrees so I can't set it by lookng at that.

Any help would be appreciated...

You can set the thermo to come on as high as 90, even 95.

The idea of a thermo is to only react to extreme coolant temperatures. Ordinarily, as the car moves along there is sufficient airflow through the radiator core to control the coolant temp. Even after idling for several minutes - like in stop-start traffic - when you get moving again, the air movement will cool the coolant back to the thermostatted temp.

i dont have a fan

havent had one since the FMIC went on

no issues with overheating etc

the radiator was replaced with a better core though (original was leaking)

my temps are normally too low, under 80 is common

80deg is ideal water temp, with default settings, the PFC (and stock ecu) will retard timing and richen up until it hits 80deg

its a minor correct, but its still a correction. i could never get my car to 80deg so i changed the water temp to be 0 0 and 50deg

so from 50deg onwards theres no correct. its covered in the PFC FAQ in my sig

i dont have a fan

havent had one since the FMIC went on

no issues with overheating etc

the radiator was replaced with a better core though (original was leaking)

my temps are normally too low, under 80 is common

80deg is ideal water temp, with default settings, the PFC (and stock ecu) will retard timing and richen up until it hits 80deg

its a minor correct, but its still a correction. i could never get my car to 80deg so i changed the water temp to be 0 0 and 50deg

so from 50deg onwards theres no correct. its covered in the PFC FAQ in my sig

Do you run glycol in your coolant/water? Adding/increasing the gylcol concentration would make the system less efficient and should nudge up the temps. Also means you don't have to worry about boil until even higher temps.