SAU Community

Just Fitted A Boost Guage To My M35 Today

bbenny

Fitted a boost guage today as I have a boost controler to be fitted.

Now I have read a few mixed reports on what the standard boost level is.

My car is 100% stock - not even a filter fitted yet, and its running 1bar (14psi) and trailing down to 0.8 right at the top of the rev range...

Is that normal? What are others experiences?

I was planning on using the boost controller to get it to 1bar, but I dont need it! haha

I am also planning on getting an exhaust with my tax return. Im pretty keen on a Fujitsubo Legalis - as I had one on my C34, it was great without drone, good flow and a nice sound when you gave it a boot-full. Does anyone have any opinions or have a Legalis on their M35?

Cheers,

Ben.

where did you place it.....pic's!!!

1 bar and then bleeding back off to .8 is normal.

As far as exhaust systems go I have not heard a Legalis.......but I have heard Charlstones Exhaust(Sydney) and they sound pretty good....no drone.

Edited by Jetwreck

I have a Legalis and so does my mate.

The difference is that he is running the stock front pipe whereas I have an 80mm Kakimoto front pipe.

I can post you a vid of my mates Legalis (haven't recorded mine yet).

I CAN tell you that they have a veeeery nice burble but are damn quiet.

The Legalis does get a bit louder when you get up in the rev range but sounds ace all the time.

If you want the vid, PM me your email address. I will try to capture mine this weekend and send that so you can hear the difference with the front pipe.

No drone, great sound, quiet and high flowing... oh, and the quality is amazing.

Cannot speak highly enough of it.

thanks for all the replies!

Im on the northern beaches, but am happy to drive out to meet and hear the car in person.

Im always keen to see/hear your videos too!

One other question, can anyone recommend a store/web store to purchase one through. Have seen few sites selling the, but always prefer to hear where/who you got yours from.

Cheers,

Ben.

One other question, can anyone recommend a store/web store to purchase one through. Have seen few sites selling the, but always prefer to hear where/who you got yours from.

Cheers,

Ben.

No worries Ben.

I bought mine through RMS Motorparts

Henry is great to deal with and his prices are pretty good.

RHD Japan are phenomenal to deal with for anything new.

I am sure that if you contacted Aaron at Import Monster, he could find you a decent price via his wholesaler.

Or you could look at Nengun who can also ship it to your door.

Videos as requested (hope the sound turns out ok)

First just the Legalis with the standard front pipe and standard dump

Next the Legalis with the Kakimoto de-cat front pipe and standard dump

they sound very similar, i guess higher up in the rev range and with a bit of load there might be a difference. the second one is slightly different, but id put that down to it not being at operating temperature

Yeah, I was surprised how little difference there is in the sound of the two vids.

The one with the Kaki front pipe is a bit bassier, not much, but definitely noticeable.

Up top, no comparison.

thanks for posting those vids up iamhe77

Yeah Legalis looks the goods, sits nice and high up into the body too - standard one is very low and sometimes hits the ground when coming out of driveways etc.