SAU Community

What Is This Nsw Number Plate Worth?

skyline099

Hi,

I have just gotten in to skylines so I thought I would join up here as it seems to be the best forum for Skylines in Aus, I have an R33.

I just saw a listing on a popular auction site for the NSW plate "SKYLNE" for sale

Would this be worth much? the seller reckons he was offered up to $15,000 a few years ago but has a low starting price.

What do you guys think it would be worth? is it worth going for?

Thank you in advance.

Andrew.

Hi,

I have just gotten in to skylines so I thought I would join up here as it seems to be the best forum for Skylines in Aus, I have an R33.

I just saw a listing on a popular auction site for the NSW plate "SKYLNE" for sale

Would this be worth much? the seller reckons he was offered up to $15,000 a few years ago but has a low starting price.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew.

Hey Andrew, welcome to SAU.

A number plate like that is worth whatever you (or whoever the buyer is) are willing to pay for it. There's no way any of the rest of us can put a value on what we think it's worth.

Just remember that it will STILL cost you close to $500 a year to keep the plates in your name - it's a serious rip-off, but that's what the RTA charges. :happy: Personally, I prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

Personally i wouldnt get personalized plates,,watse of money honestly, besides, your car says "Skyline" on it anyway, why write it again?

Just my opinion, so if u really want it, go for it.

And welcome to SAU.

Thanks GoldZilla and Benzino33

I have always been in 2 minds about personal plates. They may make the car look OK but they are also way for the cops to remember your car...

I think i'm still going to bid on them, even if I just hold them. I did enquire and the RTA charge $400 per year holding fee.

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Andrew.

Like it has been stated before, if you think it is worth $15k, then it is worth $15k

Personally I would not buy plates that said "Skyline" for what is probably the same value of the car. I'd find someone to knock a replica plate up and chuck it on for photo shoots and track days for $100 and even then I'd probably go a Japanese style plate :mad:

Besides, as far as number plates go "Skyline" is not very imaginative. I would (and have :happy:) get something that to the majority meant nothing but to a few select people mean something :D

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Andrew.

I'll be honest aswell - it makes you look completely dyslexic. dont bother. :down:

Hope i just saved you $15,000.

Edited by KR4-GTR

wow now ill never forget what kind of car i drive AND people will think im extra cool for reminding them because skylines arent that common and people will be like 'hey wot kind of car is that?', and i'll be like - 'read the plate lolololololol'.

I love it when people try to decipher my plate ... have had a few ask me "dude are you a doctor?" I felt like stabbing them with a syringe

what are ur plates?

To OP, plates are worth whatever the buyer is willin to pay for it....(but damn...if ur considering payin 15k for a set of plates....then come to me and ill MAKE a piece of metal with skyline written on it and charge you ONLY 1ooo K hahaha....15k is so not worth it..)

It's even worse than people who put those massive banner stickers on their cars of their model/make.

Like, how many people haven't seen a Commodore before and need to see the word "HOLDEN" covering the top quarter of the windshield to figure out who makes the car?

saw plates TER-10S on, wait for it, a diahatsu terios, whodathunkit?

i think ive seen this car before. I read it and thought WTF

ive got personalised plates but just in the standard context so its much per year

Wow 15 grand for a plate lol, you gotta be on drug money to even think bout buying them LOL no way would I buy a plate worth that much...you could spend your money alot more effectivley elsewhere :banana: