SAU Community

Looking For That "supra Girl" Video

ardie

hey guys i don't come on here very often these days but i was just wondering if anybody has or knows where i can find that "supra girl" video that we all had a good laugh at a few years ago from autosalon. the older members should know the one that i am talking about. ive tried using the search function but i Haven had much luck, so if anybody could help me that would be much appreciated

cheers

nah its the one who had the yellow supra with the F&F decals on the side and ran up on the dyno and when the MC asked her about the car, she didnt know anything about her car and just kept saying really dumb stuff

however that other one does sound hilarious though, feel free to post that one up as well

Edited by ardie

Damn I hope this is true because it sounds like funny shit.

Some of those Autosalon MC's piss me off. I remember one Autosalon I was present at, they were dynoing all the S2000s in a row. One guy got 160kw at the treads and the idiot MC said "160kw!!! MOST V8's DON'T GET THAT!". He wasn't being sarcastic either. Hahaha, half the people who get their cars dynoed at Autosalon have no idea what has been done to the car.

probably doesn't help that a lot of workshops offer "Stage 1/2/3" upgrade kits with guaranteed "X-Y"rwkw. Good for them, as they've obviously done it enough that they know what works and what doesn't, and the consumer saves because there's no R&D required.

And also i guess a lot of people walk into a garage and just say 'i want 250rwkw', not "I want a GT-SS, 660cc injectors, motec system exhaust and a dual NOS fogger system"

I think that's fair enough...

...because I don't believe you should have to know alot about cars to be able to enjoy them, or modify your vehicle. But putting it on the dyno...if you don't know what is producing that graph then I think you'll be short of understanding what it means...and how you can use it to your benefit other than bragging to people who do know what it means :D

Speaking of "stage 1", "stage 2" etc, it's hilarious when people say they've got a stage so and so car, as if it means anything outside of the workshop where the work was completed!

haha yeah it was a pretty funny video, just a rice heap owned by some chick who has obviously gone "i want to make power, here is my credit card, drop my car off at autosalon for me". then when the MC asked her some questions she just kept stuttering and saying "ohh um i have to thank the boys, i have to thank the boys".

i agree that modifying shouldn't be exclusive to people who know about their cars, but i still think that if you are going to flaunt it in public you should at least know a little about your car, or carry a sheet around in your pocket with the specs on it to read out hahahaha

PS RIP autosalon

Damn I hope this is true because it sounds like funny shit.

Some of those Autosalon MC's piss me off. I remember one Autosalon I was present at, they were dynoing all the S2000s in a row. One guy got 160kw at the treads and the idiot MC said "160kw!!! MOST V8's DON'T GET THAT!". He wasn't being sarcastic either. Hahaha, half the people who get their cars dynoed at Autosalon have no idea what has been done to the car.

Think about it. Not many 5L V8's make anything over 180kw standard, so his statement is somewhat correct.

Hell, I wish my V8 made 160rwkw :)

Think about it. Not many 5L V8's make anything over 180kw standard, so his statement is somewhat correct.

Hell, I wish my V8 made 160rwkw :D

Really???? Most holden and fords after 1992 that were V8's made over 185kw. My 90' VN SS made 177 stock even though it was spose to only be 167 i think out of the factory.

Edited by Damo_c