SAU Community

Oil For My Gtr R32

SLinky-A

hey all,

I've just read the topic at top about the oils to use on your vehicle, but I'm still confused on what to use.

First of all my vehicle idles above 1000rev's in the morning wen its cold. Seems like my mechanic over filled my engine. Since I've got the car it seems like the car didn't burn any of the oil. It's still above the H line.

It's a road car but I'm thinking of making it a track car as well.

Can anyone think or tell me what's the best oil to use.

I tend to get confused on this so much, fact is so much information around that you don't know which one to take.

Thank You

With RBs its ok for the oil level to be slightly above H as most of us track go'ers overfill anyway. Depends on your budget and how much you want to spend every 5k oil change? Ideally a full synthetic 5W-40 or 10W-40 is what you want.

Yeah money doesn't matter to me.

My vehicle done about 96,000km's and i just want a oil that does it job and not wear out my engine.

I'm doing about 5k-7k oil change. What brand is good because I see a lot of brands around.

Thank you.

hey all,

I've just read the topic at top about the oils to use on your vehicle, but I'm still confused on what to use.

First of all my vehicle idles above 1000rev's in the morning wen its cold. Seems like my mechanic over filled my engine. Since I've got the car it seems like the car didn't burn any of the oil. It's still above the H line.

It's a road car but I'm thinking of making it a track car as well.

Can anyone think or tell me what's the best oil to use.

I tend to get confused on this so much, fact is so much information around that you don't know which one to take.

Thank You

That's normal for you car to rev over 1000rpm in the morning, cuz the car is cold. Once the car is warmed up the revs will drop to 1000rpm.

Depending on the condition on your engine...

From my understanding, R32's were made back in the day where Mineral based oils were available and that's what Nissan had use to engineer the car.

A lot of ppl go full synthetic, but a top quality Semi Synthetic would be just as good for the older RB engines.

It's normal for turbo cars to burn a bit of oil, just make sure you do your regular top ups.

Motul Chrono 300V is probably the very best you can get, its a 10w-40 Full Synthetic (but a unique full synth being that it's double ester).. expensive, works out to be about $140 for 6l (only comes in 4l and 2l bottles).

I use Motul 8100 X-Cess, it's a 5w-40 full synth and is about $75 for 5 litres, there is another Motul 8100 that is 10w-40 which is same price roughly.

Motul 4100 Turbolight alot of people here use, its a top quality 10-40w semi synth and its about $50 for 5 litres. Perfect for a street only car imo.

As for cheap alternatives for good full synths, have a look at performancelub.com the Mobil 1 and German Castrol in particular (the Redline on there is a very good full synth, and the Royal Purple XPR is a very good synth as well, the Amsoil another full synth that has a pretty good rep in the states)

G'morning all

Thank you for all the advise guys, i might give the Motul Chrono 300V 10w-40 full Synthetic a go first. See if my car will respond better, if not I'll give the Amsoil a go as well.

BTW do you know where I can get these products? I'm located in Perth.

Thank you very much for the help!

SLinky-{A}

yep, I vote for the motul chrono 300V too. it's a great oil. I have done UOA (used oil analysis) on my old GTR and the results were very good, I've also got some info from motul here on their analysis and as expected it's a great product. expensive but worth it in my opinion.

If money really doesn't matter Redline oils appear to have better HTHS than the Motul 300V, but they seem to be a fair bit more expensive, so i cant see that its really worth it. Much more important than worrying about which oil is worrying about oil starvation and temperature. Before track days i fill the oil up to to bottom of the bendy bit on the dipstick, which is a fair bit above the H mark. I also have an oil cooler and keep a close eye on the temperature, and stop if it gets to 110 degrees.

Hey guys,

Thx again for the information, I'll got my service next week because my car still got warranty.

I'll give the mechanic a call and tell them to order in Motul Chrono 300V 10w-40 full Synthetic.

I'll give updating on how the oil go's.

Thx

SLinky-{A}