SAU Community

Irace Op

R32 Stuart

Myself in R33, and Michelle in her Open Wheeler, competed at OP on 14th and 15th Aug, as my first time at one of their events, in recently purchased (repairing / setting up) R33. I was totally shocked - only 3 Dato's, to my knowledge, competed.

Excluding practice, and the Late Model Kingswood's leaking oil all over the track, this is a great starter pack and beyond for, anybody, to have a great time at a full race meeting!

Had a ball of course. 1st in qualifying, and every race, including 1st Jap Turbo class / 1st Muscle Car Outright - PB of 1.16.9 on Dunlop DZ03's - 20psi boost, road rego'd R33. :)

great work stuart, you are really pedalling that new car around. Keep us posted before the next round. BTW you need a new username!

I saw michelle had 2x DNFs, what was the problem? Hope its all running ok again now

Thanks

Re; the car - and its many early issues, must say, its not the R32 yet, but starting to enjoy.

As far as new username goes - the only option with be R32 / R33 as I have just stolen front shocks/springs from 32, for 33 for next event (don't tell Karen)

Next round is NSW Supersprint 12th Sept - OP, followed by 17th October last round OP South.

Michelle had some overheating problems, and did a great job babysitting our car Friday night - didnt get a chance to catch up with her after event - but watched her run's, last seemed to have a misfire - fuel / pressure / flow issues to me?

i would of been there but my cars are in peices good work on the race stuart hopefully ill be there raceing next year it seems like a good class

Thanks Tim - Its a great class, had a ball, was all good, be cautious of brutes, should have footage shortly, if we are there or can help give us a yell, when you are up and running.

That is flying Stuart, well done!!

I would have been there...but dont have my Irace licence or log book....yet. :P

Thanks - keep watching times, they're just going to get better - only a bit, but better - fasters good, the faster the better.

If you need any assistance send a PM - I got mine the week before (had previous Cams and Motorcycle Aust National Licences) - but Rod (Organiser) and Gary (OLT)from IRace were excellent to deal wtih,

A quick medical, flag review and general knowledge tests, and 20 laps observed practice and you could be on your way.

I think im still abit confused with the categories, or maybe they were just running multiple categories in the same session to save time.

Depending on entries - they seem to chuck em all in ie

Muscle Division - had HDT, Jap Turbo, Imp Prod / Sport Sedans, Saloon cars, Utes, and Muscle classes - no doubt this will change slightly dependant on entries.

Hence the Handicap races - I started 50 seconds + 1 lap, others had 20 second delay etc etc.

I beleive their should be coverage on Speed Week this Sunday 1pm - 3pm.

All up, I did about 75 laps for $395 - great value - public entry is free and will be televised - all good and I got 2 1st trophies - Muscle Car Division - Outright and Jap Turbo class. Happy as!

Thanks Tim - Its a great class, had a ball, was all good, be cautious of brutes, should have footage shortly, if we are there or can help give us a yell, when you are up and running.

sweet thanks for that the part im struggleing with is what class to get my car log booked for as i want to do targa and dutton and hill climbs and time attack also this series hopefully next year

Stuart you were flying! most races you were lapping the backmarkers! >_<

I didnt get a chance to come down and say hello!

I was doing Race Control for the event and was nice to see a GTR out there!

sweet thanks for that the part im struggleing with is what class to get my car log booked for as i want to do targa and dutton and hill climbs and time attack also this series hopefully next year

Tim, under cams rules you can log book your car in any class eg - R32 is 2A - Closed Sports Car, what you must do is read entries / supp regs carefully - as to what class your car is eligible for and enter it!!

The log book class, is of no main concern it is the eligability of how you enter.

Hope that helps if you need any more info please do not hesitate to PM me.

Stuart you were flying! most races you were lapping the backmarkers! :down:

I didnt get a chance to come down and say hello!

I was doing Race Control for the event and was nice to see a GTR out there!

Firstly, thankyou - for doing race control, cause if you're not there, we can't be there!!

Thanks again, I am sure from all competitors - make time to come and have a chat to the cranky old bloke in the Silver Skyline!!

Where are all the skylines? Come, have a go - you'll love it - promise! Hillcimbs, supersprint and circuit - heaps of options

PS - Dont tell anyone - this big Secret - on how to keep an RB26 together (4 Competition), this has worked for 4 years with our R32 and fixed all issues to date with R33, even with extended sump and baffles (R33) - re oil surge; or whatever you wish to call engine failures (some say bearings) These cars have consistantly ran sub 1.17s; OP, EC sub 1.45 and Wakefield 1.07's (no issues to date)

Simple Update - pending on engine spec, could cost from $100 to $400

Not fool proof, but has worked great for us -already being copied - be careful! - PM for info! Happy to help.

Most of our cars are still being built...I know mine is going a lot slower than I had planned. :blush:

Please feel free to Pm me with this secret weapon engine saving device...because I really dont feel like building another engine.

1:16.9 is hooking congrats on the win mate :(

Tim, under cams rules you can log book your car in any class eg - R32 is 2A - Closed Sports Car, what you must do is read entries / supp regs carefully - as to what class your car is eligible for and enter it!!

The log book class, is of no main concern it is the eligability of how you enter.

Hope that helps if you need any more info please do not hesitate to PM me.

yeah that makes sense thanks stuart

1:16 is crazy quick congrats

as to where all the skylines are

ive got 2 33 gtrs both in peices now as i keep breaking them :D

quote name='Beer Baron' date='21 Aug 2009, 04:34 PM' post='4781104']

yes please tell me the RB26 long life secret! i prefer my engines to remain whole. :devil:

Here's two options that both work!

R32 is a bit ugly but works, drain from valve cover catch can back to rear turbo drain is general knowledge our biggest improvement is venting valve cover ie from oil cap back to catch can.

Under blowby conditions, this stops oil pumping from valve covers or can, as it is vented both ends - no longer wants to push the oil out, lets engine breathe.

Prior to this the R32 - standard engine and sump - would fill 3 ltr catch can in 40 second hillclimb - engine still strong, no fumes, remembering if there is 3 lts of oil in catch can 2ltrs in valve cover doesn't leave much for the engine! Thats why oil pumps blow up etc etc For FoSC regularity events as a safety measure ran a holley blue fuel pump from 3ltr catch can back to dip stick tube, this also worked great under extreme conditions

R33 - most of this setup was existing on car, eg 9ltr high octane sump, twin catch cans main drain back to sump - we added the filler cap back to rear valve cover can hose and earles one-way valve catch can back to sump - this also stopped it filling the catch can in 5 laps at Wakefield - following approximately 75 laps at Oran Park GP - breather hose from main catch can, probably half a dozen drops of oil!

See Picks attached

post-62970-1251007401_thumb.jpg

post-62970-1251007552_thumb.jpg

i like the desine stuart have you also got a drain in the rear of the head on the exhaust side

off topic why does every one have so much trouble with blow by ive done 20 minute sesions with a 9500 rev limiter and 5 hours straight on a dyno the most oil ive ever got in my catch can is about 150 mill

i like the desine stuart have you also got a drain in the rear of the head on the exhaust side

off topic why does every one have so much trouble with blow by ive done 20 minute sesions with a 9500 rev limiter and 5 hours straight on a dyno the most oil ive ever got in my catch can is about 150 mill

Don't have drain from rear of head, will do this when head comes off.

As you know blow bye can be an issue, the biggest issue is standard head and G-Forces restricts oil return from head. If oils at breather point any blowbye has no choice but to push oil out.

Lots of things have helped - mines baffles, oil restrictors etc. The best is results is this breather setup, if you have a big budget, dry sumps the answer. Cheers!