SAU Community

2 Yeears On....

Marsss

2 Years ago today i had my last cigarette and i feel sooo much better...i've also saved heaps!!!

If you're thinking of giving up.. DO IT!!

The way it happened for me was without the help of patches or hypnotic therapy... it was will power and a plan...

I simply started taking longer between ciggies and when i had one left in the packet i tried to see how long it would take for me to want it.... it's still there.

STOP SMOKING!!!!

Congratulations broo, yes indeed I think smokers need to look at how much they actually spend on ciggarettes and what it does to there body, really needs a bump in % of how many stop.

Srsly though def hoping to quit soon. Was refereeing my 5 year olds soccer game on the weekend and they were running rings around me :-(.

Plan is to start morning swims next week and hopefully quit Sion after.

And congrats Marsss. Nice work.

yeah its been about 2 years for me too, before that i'd been smoking for 14 years.

Best move i ever made. I already feel a million bucks better.

I used to always claim that i'd quit when i no longer enjoyed smoking, and i think i stopped enjoying it long before i realised it.

After that it was will power and patches.

Patches are awesome, i had the most vivid nightmares for about the first week or so... i loved it, it was like a free high quality horror flick.

I keep tihnking about buying more just so i can relive the trip

Well done Marsssssssss!!

I had my last smoke on the 29th July 2005 when my father had a heart attack. Havent touched one since, cold the sphincter of the universe!

one of the best things Ive done!

WELL DONE! - I admire anyone who gets off those insidious things no matter what the method - IN TIME - before disaster strikes.

Tobacco companies put ammonium salts in the filters - do you know why?

They'll tell you that it helps with the cleansing action via the filter = BS

It chemically reacts with the nicotine to make it more addictive on the inhaler.

One client said to me, "You must be the cigarette company's worst enemy" = nice rap

Another came back from o'seas in Feb and relayed to me that her trip was paid for by the cigarette money that she would have smoked the previous year. She stuck it in a special account.

And lately, as I'm walking down Macquarie Rd Springwood, I hear the pneumatics of bus doors opening...

The guy in the driver's seat yells out, "Hey Terry it's 6 years to-day"

I say in a soft voice, "That's great Brian; congrats"

I know that Brian is a real extrovert so that'd be nothing new...

...but me being 'introspective' think as I look at the passengers in the bus, "I hope they're not thinking that this is the 6th anniversary of a gay relationship" hehe

Motivation is a core issue... It can be any of the following reasons (to start with)...

1) health + longevity of life

2) mental control reclaimed over nicotine - not the other way round

3) $$$

4) social

5) family

6) improve sperm count

7) fitness/breathing capacity/stamina

8) mobility

9) pregnancy + health of the unborn

Hypnotherapy is a great tool for getting rid of the craving > stops psychological withdrawal

l-Tyrosine amino acid (with dosage) geared to the number of Mg nicotine that's smoked daily supports the brain chemical Dopamine > stops the physical withdrawal (ie moodiness, agitation & down feelings)

The worst time of the year that I get repeat clients is Feb/Jan soon after silly season starts with the grog. Be careful.

Again Congrats!!! You've done it !!! :down:

I'm in the process now as well but find it quite hard in social events and anything to do with booze!

so ive had about 6 in the last 6 weeks - not 1 a week:) more two nights on the beers and one bad day at work.

unfirtunately when bored i think of somking and i get bored alot - this thread ain't helping either:)

cheers rich