SAU Community

Test Driving A Nissan Skyline?

Bmboy

i would suggest test driving both of the sorts of skylines such as turbo and non turbo and see which one you would go for and how long you would keep it for. There are plenty of dealers that will let you test drive or even private sales if you were serious enough to come up with a deposit

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dude, buy a POS nissan pulsar or corolla for now (how about a ke70??? still rwd fun, and there getting VERY popular at the moment) can pick one up for $1000-$2000. and there a basic car to work on which will give you good experience for when the skyline comes along. and it wont be a big deal if you crash it (and there will be times when u come close to incidents/crashes, everyone has them)

chuck some old school jap wheels on there, stiffer springs and it will go til' the cows come home

u definately have to stage your cars capabilities as you get more experience, otherwise u'll kill yourself

for example:

1st- ke70

2nd- r33 gtst :(

3rd- r3x gtr/evo

4th- some feckin off chops thing :devil:

dude, buy a POS nissan pulsar or corolla for now (how about a ke70??? still rwd fun, and there getting VERY popular at the moment) can pick one up for $1000-$2000. and there a basic car to work on which will give you good experience for when the skyline comes along. and it wont be a big deal if you crash it (and there will be times when u come close to incidents/crashes, everyone has them)

chuck some old school jap wheels on there, stiffer springs and it will go til' the cows come home

u definately have to stage your cars capabilities as you get more experience, otherwise u'll kill yourself

for example:

1st- ke70

2nd- r33 gtst :(

3rd- r3x gtr/evo

4th- some feckin off chops thing :devil:

or an 85 skyline? they're fairly cheap now and still have the retro-ness i love

yeah go that!

rb30!

few manuals around.

if u look hard enough you might come across a r31 which has been a little old grandma's or grandpa's car which they used to go to the shops and lawn bowls on sunday.

score of the century

or an 85 skyline? they're fairly cheap now and still have the retro-ness i love

ya coulda bought my 84 r30 skyline still turbo goodness unlike r31's but i sold it friday

just get a r33 Non Turbo and then get a turbo one later...

i did the same. although i regretted getting the non turbo coz i was not on my P's or anythin i just got it coz i wanted a skyline and couldnt afford the turbo one.

but finally got a turbo one and love it. :thumbsup:

good luck

I had this type of "glory" srounding the skyline.. Let me tell you they are a wikid car and verry well built.. i got a r33 gtst for my verry first car and i learnt along the way about controling my right foot.. but all in all be prepared to open your wallet alot.. lol

also u want a test drive i have a skyline for sale... check it out.. 10500 +

post-54415-1251030558_thumb.jpg

lol, u cant fish tail a fwd buddy.

that would be your problem.

by reading the first page or so, id say ur better off deleting your account and trying again.

The only reason im still hanging in here for advice is because these members probably saved me from making a mistake, 'or a statistic'

im listening to what people are saying and taking advice readily, otherwise i would have just bought a skyline already and probably been interviewed by aca

My logic is retarded

logout and buy a honda

haven't you been following the thread? thats what ive already got.

and after a discussion with mum, she wants to sell it and buy a merc. so ill have to make my decision with a car very soon

Edited by Bmboy

hey wassup g, i have a twin turbo 33 gtst that i use as a thrashy, you can test drive it this week bro and who knows,, if you like it ill sell it to you cheap.. ps dont worry you wont have any problems fishtailing the beast..just need proof that you finished the driver courses you stated.. cheers mate

http://www.aussiev8.com.au/questions-boys-...my-licence.html

who said anything about weaving in and out of traffic? im talking about the accord going from stationary to moving (at like a T or + intersection), and if some coot is speeding i cant get out of the way. umm and im sure i can afford the costs with a skyline, otherwise id be going cheap us or chinese cars... ;)

Chinese cars are f*cken awsome! Have you seen the amount of

they have? :D

Sucked in Volvo, Chinese cars have way more crumble zones than you! :laugh:

Hehe, man this got more attention than my infamous cruising idea a few months ago =]

Just wanted to mention this firstly, you say your mum's buying a Merc, having had an Accord, which makes it sound like you come from one of those families who upgrade cars every few years. Now, I'm looking at a wikipedia page as we speak (....? dividing by zero here possibly, since it's the middle of the night), and so assuming your family's done this anytime in the last three years, means your Accord will be 06+. Now, where I'm actually going with this is, wikipedia says 06 Accords are measured at roughly 244hp, which I would like to point out is say 28hp more than my relatively stock 33.

Now, I have a nice A'PEXi AVCR constantly giving me readouts, graphs, and all sorts of funky figures that you'd be silly to examine while you actually drove, except for one, percentage of throttle used. In a car less powerfull than yours, apart from taking off from lights, or occasionally overtaking people, my throttle doesn't stray anywhere near as 20%, and I'd say I drove pretty nippily, I don't hoon or do silly things, but I'm a firm beleiver in getting to the speed limit quickly, and driving quickly and efficiently, without being a dickhead.

So, not to rip into you at all, but there is a point I think is coming from a completely different direction, and may be of some use.

PS: Yes, to all the above posts, especially those about changing your attitude once you actually have a 'line. I'm still 18 and on green P's, and for months and months every time I saw a policeman, I got pulled over, breath tested, drugs tested, sat down, and interviewed about my car; and plus, one night on the way home from a cruise, I went around a wet corner, not too fast, and overcorrected, and payed $1500 to get my car running again, and off some lady's front lawn, and I drove slower then than my 12-20% throttle now.